Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Set Sampler volume to Deck 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can I set the sampler volume to deck 4?
Right now, when I first start VDJ8, I bring up the sampler on the right hand side , go to audio output and set it to deck 4. Everytime Irestart VDJ8 it resets back to Master.
How can I make it stick on Deck 4?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
Have you tried using the audio config to assign an output to the sampler, then saving the config?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:04 pm
Yes, I don't have extra outputs on my NS6 to do that. When I manualy change the sampler output to deck 4, it works perfect, I'm able to control the sampler volume with the 4th fader of my NS6. I just want the change to be permanent so I don't have to change that every startup.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
You don't need extra outputs. Just assign it to the same output that deck 4 is using.

What I'm suggesting is that maybe saving it (by doing it via config) will make it stick.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:09 pm
How would I do that?
I'm using the NS6 in 2 deck mode.
Sound Setup is Speaker + Headphones (Master = Ch 1 & 2, Headphones = Ch 3 & 4)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:24 pm
You would need to add a script to the skin mapping I believe. I'm on my phone right now so I can't give you the exact command.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:33 pm
Thanks Beatbreaker1,
I wouldn't even know where to start. When you get a chance if you could explain to me how to do it, that would be great.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:49 pm
What is the Exact Script or 1,2,3.. steps to add to Config for the mapping volume to ( a Fader 1 or 4) in VDJ 7/8 So it STAYS there and controls ALL sampler levels on the fly?

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 8:46 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
V8

Add this script to the ONINT mapping.

deck 4 sampler_output

The sampler is now routed to deck 4 pre upfader.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 11:01 am
....or you could assign sampler_volume_master to a custom knob (in VDJ 8).

Posted Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 11:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)