Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ crashes and lag. (Mac version with video inside.)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I created a video to show the issues I'm having with VDJ 8. Don't worry the video is unlisted and can only be seen through this forum post.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ30QcZ5sm0

If you guys need a tester by your side just let me know and I can take a few days off to get this going.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 2:06 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I guess the laggy issue is one of the giggest problem on Msc version, because it will be much heavier when you use video.
Not sure why is is not noticed by more Mac user, because you can notice this on enach Mac i have used.

The DEV team already is serching for solution, but i was told it can need some time.
Seems to be related with the hardware acc.

Will have a look tonight if i can see the other small issues on my system too :-)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:58 am
The problem is, he was NOT using video and is getting the lags. I have the same issues, reported in an earlier thread.

Macbook Pro, 2.7 I7, 8 gigs ram.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:11 am
Yea the Mac version needs a lot of TLC. The more people that point out the bugs on here the more likely they will fix the issues.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:48 pm
Found another issue. If you leave VDJ8 on and not touch it the app will slow the computer down eventually that the computer will no longer respond. I left it open for about 30 minutes while surfing the web and had to reboot my system.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:50 pm
I hope they gonna fix this soon.. I really looking forward for VDJ8

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:20 am
+1 on this.

Please give more love on Mac users :)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:07 pm
zoelassPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm running on a 2012 PowerMac using a quadcore Xenon processor Running Mavericks with 16GB RAM and have a brand new EVGA Geforce GTX 680 Video card installed and my system video really lockups up on it since I'm also running my web browser, Skype and a Second Life viewer. It will freeze for anywhere from 1 to 15 seconds and then it will return to normal. However, I never had this issue with VDJ 7.4 or MIXXX. Even my network bandwidth is high with a 60mbps download and 12mbps upload. I have had more things running simultaneously like this with out any sort of problem and now the video randomly freezes.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:17 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
On my 3 laptops (i5 on the MBP 2012 and 2013, and an i7 on my MBA 2013), I see that when VDJ is building the sound waves after dropping a track on a deck, the process is VERY processor expensive.

In VDJ 7.4.1, normal idle is about 20% CPU, which rises to about 45-50% when rendering the waves
In VDJ 8, the idle is a little higher (25% of so), which rises to 100%+ when rendering the waves

I use Sound Forge which does the same type of wave building, and I usually open a number of files at a time. Never once does the CPU go above 30%.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)