Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: denon mc6000 cues and recording

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have issues with the cues on denon mc6000 on vdj7
When I set a cue on a song it would save as hot cue #1 on vdj8 it only sets the cue And it does not save it on the cue banks also I was recording an audio gig and while I was playing it sound perfect but when I listened to the recorded file there was distortion on the audio any suggestions.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:52 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
picudodj wrote :
I have issues with the cues on denon mc6000 on vdj7
When I set a cue on a song it would save as hot cue #1 on vdj8 it only sets the cue And it does not save it on the cue banks also I was recording an audio gig and while I was playing it sound perfect but when I listened to the recorded file there was distortion on the audio any suggestions.

Before recording, did you properly stage your gains? I'm guessing your gains may be high causing the distortion.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:58 pm
I use internal mixing and I set the gains at 50% but I did noticed that the gain lights were at peak . Also the master was set at 40% so there is no way it was clipping. Any suggestion on the cue hot to auto save as hot cue as vdj7 thanks

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:32 am
Even on internal mix, your inputlevel could be set too high in your internal soundcard-settings. Even with reduced gains, your input could still be too loud for your card.
Open your Windows-mixer (System tray, right-click on the speaker-symbol, choose Recording devices) and check, with VDJ running, if your input level isn't too high. The VU-meter in the Windows-mixer gives you a good impression.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 4:58 am
Hi I know my English is not real good and I did not explain my self very well. The vu meters on vdj8 mixer keep reading high even at low gain settings I have the setting at auto gain only. Also please how can I set my cue to auto save as hot cue as it does on vdj7 please read first message thank you

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 11:40 am
Also the distortion sound was like when you have a loose speaker wire and just keep making ground noise

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 11:43 am
So it's a hum or buzz, not distortion (overload)?

Maybe it's ground loop issue or computer PSU noise.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 11:49 am
I did not have this issue with vdj7 any help with cue settings please

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 10:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)