Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Waveform and CBG Issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I spin mostly video. In V8 I'm running into a bug where the waveform does not display in the rhythm window. It appears fine in the deck, just not in the rhythm window. The issue seems random and I cannot force it to duplicate. I have to load a different song into the deck then reload the song for the waveform to then appear.

Also, in V7 I could tap the BPM button once to adjust the CBG marker point for the 1st beat of a measure while a song is playing. Has this feature been eliminated? I hope not!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:08 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
shawnlpeterson@gmail.com wrote :

Also, in V7 I could tap the BPM button once to adjust the CBG marker point for the 1st beat of a measure while a song is playing. Has this feature been eliminated? I hope not!

+1

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 5:24 pm
RenegadeMacky wrote :
it's the same in V8.. or at least it's working that way for me, hit the "Tap" button, and it's setting downbeat

I've tried hitting the Tap button and it did not adjust the marker.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:53 pm
You need to move the rhythm wave form to your first downbeat (PAUSED)
Press the TAP button once.
Move the the rhythm to the 2nd downbeat (PAUSED)

You can repeat until you are happy that is correct. In my experience 3 normally hits it well.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:55 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
You need to move the rhythm wave form to your first downbeat (PAUSED)
Move the the rhythm to the 2nd downbeat (PAUSED)

You can repeat until you are happy that is correct. In my experience 3 normally hits it well.

The issue I'm having is not when the track is paused, but when it's playing. In V7 I could hit the BPM button on the downbeat and it would adjust the marker placement on the fly.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:16 pm
Thats not how it works in version8.

It is designed to be done whilst paused and the detection should be good enough after two of three clicks.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:17 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

It is designed to be done whilst paused

That's just plain daft!

I don't know of any other software or hardware that has a 'tap' button which works when a track is not playing.

I'd go as far as to say 99.9% of people would expect to tap along to the music while it plays. If it doesn't work like that, Atomix are gonna have a lot of confused DJs on their hands!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:21 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Thats not how it works in version8.

It is designed to be done whilst paused and the detection should be good enough after two of three clicks.

If that's how it's designed, then let me be the first to complain about the loss of this VERY useful feature!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who adjusts the downbeat on the fly as many songs have breaks or changes that occur and therefore change when the downbeat happens at various points.

Also, I'm still having the issue of the waveform randomly not appearing in the rhythm window.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:24 pm
shawnlpeterson@gmail.com wrote :

If that's how it's designed, then let me be the first to complain about the loss of this VERY useful feature!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who adjusts the downbeat on the fly as many songs have breaks or changes that occur and therefore change when the downbeat happens at various points.

But you now have the BPM editor which means any tracks that have variable bpms can be preset with a Variable BPM and be automatically recognised everytime you load them.

Hence eliminating the need to click continuously. I do understand the concern but take a look at the BPM editor. I will do everything you want and you will only need to do it once!!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:27 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

But you now have the BPM editor which means any tracks that have variable bpms can be preset with a Variable BPM and be automatically recognised everytime you load them.

Hence eliminating the need to click continuously. I do understand the concern but take a look at the BPM editor. I will do everything you want and you will only need to do it once!!

I'll play with it but it seems a bit Rube Goldberg if you ask me. The majority of the time I'm not using it on a song with a variable BPM. Instead, it's usually a song with a steady BPM (say 128 for example) but there's a pause and the returning downbeat is off place. Also, automatic beat detection isn't 100% accurate in any software. Losing this minor feature that is so commonly used seems, as the poster above said, daft!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:37 pm
Groovin thinks everything is daft!! ;-)

It has been mentioned before - whether anything will be done i don't know. I'm not a developer.
Take a lot at the BPM editor it is more powerful than it first appears.

With out knowing the song, i could be talking out of turn here. But the new POI editor can run actions too. So you could set 2 cue points one either side of the silence/pause and then apply an action to the first cue to jump to the 2nd cue. Just an idea and another feature of V8.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:44 pm
tap 4 times when PLAYING .. and it will adjust ;) (start on first downbeat, then the next 3)
This for both bpm and phase..

For just adjusting the downbeat, just tap once at first downbeat ;) (in paused mode .. just like vdj 7)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 10:02 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
is using an controler posible with bpm editor

if ei whant a controler action to a custom knob
setting "variable bpm maker" when hitting the button in the main screen with out touching the editor is this posible? what are the command actions?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:08 pm
Yea iM the first one to complain about this. With all these beautiful upgrades, it seems this area has no research done. Its has a D.A.W. feel to these editors, but not good for on the fly editing by a dj.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:26 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
tap 4 times when PLAYING .. and it will adjust ;) (start on first downbeat, then the next 3)
This for both bpm and phase..

For just adjusting the downbeat, just tap once at first downbeat ;) (in paused mode .. just like vdj 7)

As stated before, it's not a matter of adjusting the BPM...the BPM itself is fine. However, there are some songs where there's a break and on the return the downbeat needs to be moved. So, in the beginning the downbeat is in one position and later in the song it's in another. You can't pause the song while playing to adjust the downbeat marker! This is a MAJOR flaw in the software and several users are complaining on this board about it!

I noticed something else, maybe it's by design. When I drag a song from the sidelist up to the deck, the song remains in the sidelist. In V7 it was removed. Personally, I prefer that it's removed rather than manually removing it from the list. Maybe I use it differently than others, but I use it for requests. When someone has a request I drag it over there. It was nice to see it disappear after I dragged it up to play it.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:59 am
Also, the waveform display is still a HUGE bug!!!

You'll notice there are 2 songs playing and NEITHER shows a waveform in the rhythm window!!!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:08 am
did you turn off skinDisableHWAccel in the options`? Set it to "no" and all should be fine

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:11 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
did you turn off skinDisableHWAccel in the options`? Set it to "yes" and all should be fine

Didn't fix it!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:14 am
Any ideas on the waveform issue? I can now repeat the glitch every time! I loaded a video ("Gossip Folks" by Missy Elliott), but moved the cursor into the file before the video was completely loaded. I started playing the track from that point. This caused the waveform from the point I started to disappear! However...the waveform up to that point is there! Worse yet...it's permanently that way! I tried it with another video...same problem!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:34 pm
cant reproduce that other than the options setting I mentioned above..

Can you provide some details about your system? Specially the graphic card.

Double check again the skinDisableHWAccel in the options`? Set it to "no" .. make sure..
(and sorry, I see i wrote "yes" earlier, so please check again, it must be at "no" - do not disable hardware graphics for skin)

But looking closer at your screenshot, thats probably not it since you song pos waveforms looks good

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:40 pm
91%