Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 and Mixed In Key

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

Quick question. I know VDJ didn't play use to play nice with MIK in older versions (my experience), VDJ did not read the MIK info once VDJ had written it, is VDJ8 ok with MIK data now, will it read the tag and update what's shown in the tag field or at least overwrite its own key field with what's imported from MIK.

John.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:51 pm
I would suggest using MIK on your files first, then importing them to VDJ.

I know that works with MIK 6 and VDJ 7.4 as it's what I've been doing recently.

I've not tried with VDJ 8 yet as it's still pre-release so I'm only importing tracks to 7. No point importing them to 8 when gigging with 7 :-)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:55 pm
Cheers Groovin,

Bit of a gamble but I'm gigging with 8, that way I use it exactly as I would and can uncover any bugs that may affect others as well as myself. I've already scanned all my files so ill just run them through MIK and hope VDJ8 picks up the new info..... :)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:18 pm
Write the keys to InitialKey. That's where I write mine and VDJ 7 reads them nicely.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 2:27 pm
Groovin, may you explain how I do that please....... thank you.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:06 pm
It's in the MIK 'personalize' section, under 'update tags'.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:25 pm
Does the initialkey tag prevent VDJ8 from rescanning the key and overwriting it in the database? If so I could do with that option in the freeware Keyfinder and will suggest it to the developer if this is true.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:39 pm
No it doesn't. I've just found this out myself.

I added some new tracks to both VDJ 7 and VDJ 8, that I had scanned in MIK (so they had the key written to the InitialKey tag).

VDJ 7 did not overwrite the key. It respected the tag already having data.

VDJ 8 on the other hand just went right ahead and changed the keys to whatever it wanted - ignoring the existing tag completely.

Devs, please change this behaviour. Existing tags should not simply be wiped and replaced.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 8:51 am
i can confirm vdj8 does change the existing MIK info.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 11:22 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Mine have always written to the comment field and displayed fine in 7
All I get in V 8 is 1's and 2's in the comment field, however some older betas displayed older folders correctly.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:09 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A user of the german forum reported the same strange content of comment field a while ago.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 5:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)