Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 and Win7 64bit Skin freeze

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good morning,
I get the VDJ8 on my Win7 64bit computer not to run, when I load a track into the deck freezes the skin (or is it GUI).
There is no waveform display. Track start on the VMS 2 still works. Idea?
Greetings Dirk

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:52 am
loads of us are having this very same problem, and Atomix are doing nothing to rectify this. I have virtual DJ7 and it runs flawlessly, then I load up VDJ8 and people tell me the skin is doing this because I have an old laptop.. conveniently.. which is BS..

Im not daft, i get the exact same problem mate, and seeing as I build my own desktop machines, when it comes to laptops I know what Im doing, If i can run full spec games on it, then simply playing two Mp3s makes it crash, come on?! tell me it's NOT the software :D lol

my hunch is atomix were under extreme pressure to release VDJ8 and they just put it out there warts and all, and despite it working on high end machines ok, (albeit still hit and miss, see the sheer AMOUNT of bug postings on this forum!) they have left the mid/lower spec machines to fend for themselves.. like it is our f***in' problem lol...

I have been hitting them hard over this, because their support team is run ragged with tech support requests and I feel sorry for them. I blame the management, NOT the coders and engineers.. it's not that hard to have two MP3/AIFF files playing at the same time.. we could do that years ago!.. however, do et these specatucaly GUI problems, of there being NO animations like the skin "freezes" its not on.. especially since Atomix have gone to great pains to promote it as "the latest wonderful all singing all dancing program.." when in reality, it runs like shit on over half the machines that install it..

Its been a few months since its initial beta release, and my guess is to just stick with VDJ7 and keep pushing the tech support guys.. I had this problem on my desktop machine and a tech guy TeamViewer'd into my machine and fixed it in like 2 minutes, so they DO know how to solve this..

very puzzling..

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:37 pm
steveforward wrote :
Atomix are doing nothing to rectify this.

I had this problem on my desktop machine and a tech guy TeamViewer'd into my machine and fixed it in like 2 minutes

So fixing it in two minutes is "doing nothing"? Also, if he fixed it, then it's not the software that's the problem IMO.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:16 pm
so whats the fix for skin freeze/crash? im very interested to know as i have tried numerous systems thus far...

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 2:22 am
Did this to me a few times last week during testing. It just freezes completely and no crash log is created.

No way I can use version 8 at a gig when it does this.

Win 8 64bit
8gb ram
i7 dual core processor
Intel 4400

Keith

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 3:08 am
kradcliffe wrote:
No way I can use version 8 at a gig when it does this.

We as clients of VDJ could have been "Beta" testers a long time ago and it may have speeded up the process. What did their "Beta" testers accomplish during the time it was in testing? To me I don't think anything to be honest. I don't think at all of using 8 for gigs, not a thought! I tested it and reported the same problems months ago that people are still reporting today... Every time I see an update" beta" I never see a fix for anything close to what I reported in the past. 3 years to develop nothing!! I could go back to using Final Scratch(10 years ago) and have less problems than 8. Most software in my experience has small issues and bugs that over time get fixed but VDJ8 takes the cake! I can't wait till the day when I can write something here positive about this thing they call VDJ8! It should have been call totally something else as to not be the next step from 7.

Posted Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 11:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)