Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Folders transition

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a TON of virtual folders on VDJ7, can I transfer those over to VDJ8 in an easy way?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:45 am
Just install VDJ 8 and it will import your v7 databse..........including virtual and filter folders.

The only thing you might notice is that the order of the folders will be alphabetical rather than how you'd arranged them in v7.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:11 am
I'm having similar issues! the folders are there but when I load a track it says error! any help will be greatly apreciated.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:18 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have a similar issue too! With VDJ 7.4.1 I was able to take my external hard drive from one PC and connect it to my backup PC and the second PC would recognize all of my virtual folders and I could drag any track from any virtual folder onto a platter. When I do the same thing with VDJ 8 all my virtual folders appear but I get an "error" when I try to drag any track onto a platter. I can't load any tracks from my virtual folders on my backup PC. If I connect it back to my main PC it is fine. The drive letter is "E" when the external drive is installed on both machines. Any ideas please!

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:15 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Rename your database file by adding backup to the end, connect your external drive ..and now start v8 so it can read the drives content..

Virtual folders you need to copy the folder containing your virtual folders information from your source computer C:\Users\Name\Documents\VirtualDJ\folders into your backup computer so all info will match and work properly..

Good Luck

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 10:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)