Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Just used latest build for a wedding event and reporting back. Minor quirks.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

Ok, a few notes and observations. Oh, and touchpads are evil. :)

No major issues like lockup or freezes. No sound glitches. Automix was perfect.

Speaking of automix... if you stop and restart, it will play the last track again - even if not showing in the mix list.

When you have the search populated and click on a playlist folder, nothing will show up until you clear the search box.

The history keeps creating a 2014 folder and putting my history playlists in there.

It seems very easy to accidentally move folders via the browser.

Now I don't have many cue points saves and would like to 'blow away' the imported v7 database. How can that be done? I deleted it and it's still there in search. And just create new cue points. Using the same DB since v5 I think.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:08 am
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
ewitles-

You've got some big huevos to try it at a wedding event! I'm glad it worked for you and didn't give you any any major issues!

Cheers,

Nick

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:49 am
ewitles wrote :
When you have the search populated and click on a playlist folder, nothing will show up until you clear the search box.

would like to 'blow away' the imported v7 database.

The search/folder thing is by design. It's so you can edit your search term rather than have to type it again. There's a tiny X for clearing the search now.

It's been mentioned by others who've found the same thing.

As for blowing away the DB, you'd have to delete the existing v8 one and then make sure the old v7 one was out of sight when starting v8 again, so it just makes a blank one.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 3:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)