Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Cue points slightly offset

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I just downloaded the new version 8 prerelease and I'm starting to feel my way around it. So far it looks amazing.

One thing that I've noticed, however, is that my cue point all seem to be slightly offset from where they should be. Like they show up about a quarter of a second after the beat. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:38 pm
If you've got the latest one then there's a new action (shift_all_cues) to fix that.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:46 pm
Thanks, I'll look into that. I've checked some more, and it looks like some of my songs have their cues in the correct location.

This is just a shot in the dark, but could it be that it was ignoring silence at the start of the track so the time saved on the cue points for some songs could be slightly off? (Probably totally wrong, but just a thought.)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 6:54 pm
groovindj wrote :
If you've got the latest one then there's a new action (shift_all_cues) to fix that.

Can you please explain to me how you do that ??

Steve

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:45 am
You need to assign it to a custom button as it's an action, not a config setting.

Pick a button, type in 'shift' and you'll see it listed. If you select it, there's a written explanation.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:59 am
The shift_all_cues option should also have shift all cues back by x amount based on when the first insert point is detected (when you load a track with the option enabled for it to go to the first sound it detects and move all other cue points backwards or forwards by that amount). This should move the cue point by that amount. By using #ms the cue point moves might be incorrect.

I hope I am making sense. I used the move back by #ms amount and it is not always where the previous cue point was on the beat. I am not sure if the cue points were correctly on the beat to begin with on some tracks though which is why I suggest it use the beginning of the track to detect how much to move the other cue points back by instead.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)