Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Track cleaner preview

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I can't hear any of the changes I make to a track in the track cleaner section.

I want to preview my changes before I save my changes. Is this possible, or is this a bug.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:26 pm
Apparently it's not a bug.

They seemed to think it was a good idea that you have to save your changes first, then you can hear them.

[boggle]

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:44 pm
Thanks for the quick reply.

Maybe this is something that will get changed before the final version is released.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:58 pm
Certainly something that should be reviewed. Even if it was a toggle option:

Play Normal
Play Edit

for example.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:12 pm
The toggle option would be great.

You definitely need to be able to preview before you save.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:19 pm
Hmmm....

The usual way (in say Adobe Audition) is for your change to take effect immediately, but for there to be an undo option - same way there is in most software.

The exception is when choosing effects to apply, when there's also a preview button which lets you hear the result without you actually processing the file (and a bypass tick box so you can switch back and forth between pre & post as you preview).

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:19 pm
Add me to the list of folks who would like to see a preview function added in to this editor. It really doesn't make sense to have to save the song before being able to hear if it works. Honestly. Also a snap feature would be excellent as well.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 9:16 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Agree,
it is usual and common in nearly every software, that when files can be edited, that there is a chance for a preview before saving.
But at least it is up to the dev team to decide if this feature will be added or not....shure...at the moment it has a minor prio....

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:58 am
This is definitely something the Dev team should look at.

I was testing Track Cleaner with ContentUnlimited files and had absolutely no feedback to tell me my edits were having any effect. This is probably because "Downloaded Content" is a filter folder itself and was filtering out the edit files, but for a long time I thought that the Track Cleaner was simply broken.

The workaround to display both the original ContentUnlimited downloads and the edits is a filter: Filter Type is 'VDJEDIT' or File Type is 'VDJCACHE'

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 9:03 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
wow.. i thought that would be a bug too.

just who comes up with such ideas? first no timeline, now this. As if they wouldn't know how editing workflow is supposed to be, there's no need to reinvent the wheel

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)