Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Flaw: Fonts are to small, hard to read

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Device: Samsung Notebook Model RC530
Resolution: 1366x768 @ 15 inch
Version: Virtual DJ Version 8 Build 1765.644
CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics + NVidia GeForce GT 540M
Soundcard: American Audio VMS 4.1
Controller: American Audio VMS 4.1

Problem: Fonts are to small, hard to read
Reproducible: yes
Frequency: always
Crashreport: no

The fonts especially in the clock, the labels of the effect parameter knobs and the gain and key values are very hard to read. Usabilty would increase with a bit larger fonts.

Regards, Christian

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 1:28 pm
I have a 10.1 inch 1280x600 netbook, so I have the same problem, but worse.

The browser -> fontsize option is brilliant, but it only affects the browser (duha), leaving the clock and musical key text horribly squished. The clock text size shouldn't scroll with the skin, but have a certain fixed minimum. Indeed, for the 4 deck skin, the BPM values are put in a box too small, cutting off their first digit, therefore could you please do some testing for the default skins, but on absurdly small screens.

Most of these issues are solved by going to touch-screen mode, which is quite a fun feature, but that only has two decks ...

Finally, the dropdown for changing key is only accessible for the two-deck view, which is quite annoying. Could that dropdown arrow be kept for the 4-deck view please? Or, at least put right next to the key value.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
There are some of the new skins made for VDJ 8 that will deal with the issue. The font size on the skin itself is static and cannot be changed (I believe) because it is part of the skin itself. Therefore; your best bet is either develop your own skin or find one that uses a larger font...that's what I did.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 8:26 pm
HKNYCPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No doubt the font size is small.. I would also like for someone to consider slightly larger knobs, as this, always was on every version, an issue for me. Also, would be cool to see the indicator line on the knobs to be the color of their deck. Just as, the fader lines are colored according to it's deck. Just for better all around visibility, or any other colors that would accent the buttons/knobs. I always thought all the buttons, knobs, faders etc... Were always just a bit on the small side. A good example of what I would like to see, is something similar in size to what the JTC7 by Gustavo Condo is like. Or anything else that would be slightly larger, yet spaced out well.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:55 pm
We have plans to develop some lower resolution skins to solve this issue.

Please bare with us though.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:40 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What a great idea... rofl

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:18 am
The thought of some forum members naked..........[grimace]

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)