Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i tried to run a video show with 8. i tested it at home on my traveling tv. hooked my hdmi cable to the bars tv which i have done 100 times and it didnt take. on 7.4 i go into configure and change the output to the tv that i am connected to. couldn't find that option on 8? am i missing something

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:48 pm
You need to have extended desktop on. The just drag the video preview over to it and double click it to fill the screen.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:50 pm
ok so i've been testing out 8 at home. i'm using vsm4.1 mixer. it's telling me it cant find my sound card or won't recognize it. what do i need to do to fix it?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:26 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
does your vms shows up in the asio panel ?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:41 am
Connected to a Video issue how?

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:49 am
sorry posted in the wrong subject

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:41 am
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021)

When mixing videos, i have 2 problems
1. Videos turn very dark during mix with no transition except to cut to new video and return to normal brightness.
2. after about 10 - 15 mins of mixing vdj8 crashes.
Anyone else having this problem.
i have tried this with My Hercules Rmx, American Audio 14 MXR as well as just using keyboard. same thing.
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:01 pm
smoke618 wrote :

1. Videos turn very dark during mix with no transition except to cut to new video and return to normal brightness.

Config - Options - Advanced - videoVolumeLink

smoke618 wrote :

2. after about 10 - 15 mins of mixing vdj8 crashes.
Anyone else having this problem.

Reported a couple of times - seems to be a Mac issue.
Was there anything you was doing at the time. Can you reproduce and write the exact steps here.
Any information will be very helpful.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:20 pm
Always happens when i press play and as soon as i begin to move cross fader.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:36 pm
Not Just Mac , PC To.
Some times videos play some times they go blank with audio on,
what happen to visuals for audio only

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:41 pm
Audio Only Visuals:
config -> options - > select advanced -> search videoAudioOnlyVisualisations

The other issue with some videos not loading is on another thread - i'll try and find it.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:43 pm
should videovolumelink be checked yes or no?
tried both no difference
these transitions come dark
Warp Speed & Warp
Drain Light
droplets
and satelite

as far as the crashing did some more messing around on only seems to happen with the "scrolling slice" transition

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 1:10 pm
Not sure if this was reprted. Wehen playing music videos the first one loads into the main screen (window) fine then if i follow this with an audio track the visual effect takes over as it should. If the next one os a music video the audio visualization remains and will not show the video of the music video. Any suggestions? I have been trying to figure this out for two days... Version 7.4 works as it should.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:02 am
what entry do you see, when checking settings/ options/ videoAudioOnlyVisualisation ?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:09 am
There is nothing selected.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:29 am
If there is no setting here...i dont`s think it will work...have not tried it yet but sounds logical...;-)
so i guess your effect should be acivated on the master out perhaps...?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:33 am
That seems to be the problem it has to be activated manually to go between being able to see the music video and the audio only visualization... in VDJ7.4 it works automatically. I did however select Slideshow as it is in VDJ7.4 and it didn't work.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 9:38 am
I received the updates this morning and now the video effects is not working and many of the visualizations are missing. Also in the video mixer i am not able to select the effect manually... when i click on the effect button nothing happens. please advise.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:35 am
I was checking the Video Settings on VDJ7.4 to compare them with VDJ8 and I found three that are missing in VDJ8.
They are:
Fade To Black On Volume Sliders
Link Video When Dropped On Preview Window
Activate On Load

Can they be added?

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:29 am
Mac
3.06 GHz Intel Core i3
4 GB 1333 MHZ DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256mb
0S X 10.9.2 (13C1021)

Just opened vdj8 and got an update, (think i had an update this morning as well) not sure what the update was but now i cant adjust the video screen. it is either full screen on the main computer or half screen on the 2nd monitor. cannot drop, drag or resize. In addition was playing videos this morning and when i wanted to switch back to audio files notice i dont have any options on my video screen to shut down the video. Had to shut vdj8 and reopen to remove screen. Please help, Thanks!

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)