Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: "Stop" button deletes cue point?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

theiosPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello.
I've been testing pre-release (build 1765.644) for a few hours at home.
I noticed something that is a big problem, at least for me.
I set a cue point and if i press "stop" it deletes that cue point. This means that if i am paused at my cue point, ready to press "play" but accidentally press "stop" it returns to the beginning and i have to find the cue again.
In version 7 when you press "stop" it goes at the beginning of the track but if you press "stop" again it goes back to the cue point. In version 8 there is no cue point if you press "stop", so if you accidentally do this you are screwed.
I don't know if there is a setting (i can't find it) to change that or this is the way it works. If this is the way it works, it is a major problem.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:32 pm
its just a different behaviour, more like pro cd players..
The big cue button is a "live cue" .. cursor if you like, that you set where you want to start to cue from at headphones or even out live (some like to keep hitting it, then hold it pressed for a few and it changes to play mode, or visa versa some like to hold it down, and relase to play from there at the right beat). You can change the behaviour of this live cue at the deck option circle in skin.

This is only at the big cue button, that acts now as a "live cue" where you change your start point (stop button will go back to start of song).

For "traditional" v7 cue points use the hot cue buttons, they set markers in song. Having these cues, or markers (called points of interest in v8), the stop button will also behave as in v7, toggling between the hot cue markers.

But I see what you mean, maybe the stop button shouldnt "delete" the live cue point, only setting a new live cue should

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:36 pm
WoW... that was fast. :) Thanks for the answer.
3 more questions please.
1) The cue points that are set in version 7 will be transferred in version 8 as hot cues?
2) Can i assign the cue button to my controller to be a hot cue.
3) Is there a hotkey to keyboard for hot cues or can i set one?

dj-in-norway wrote :

But I see what you mean, maybe the stop button shouldnt "delete" the live cue point, only setting a new live cue should

Yeah, that's what i mean. My main concern is that i pre-listen a song, hit "cue" and wait there for the time to play it. If i press "stop" by accident i lose my cue point. But that's ok, i will set hotcues. It will be nice if live cue wasn't deleted though.
Thanks again for the quick response.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:48 pm
Cue points from V7 are "hot cues" in VirtualDJ 8 yes .. transferred automatically.. (more precise they are POI markers, a v8 term, but yes .. cues is fine to call them hehe)

You can assign the cue button at controller to act as hot cue yes,

On keyboard its CTRL + 1 (or other numbers if you want too).. for setting a cue marker

(that being said, will check with the devs, maybe the live cue should not go away when you do press stop, and if thats changed, you wouldnt need to change anything, would probably not even have posted..hehe .. without having thought it through, it does make sense that stop button would not do that)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:54 pm
Many many thanks my friend. You're great.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 12:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)