Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: PC Version build 1765 - Using decks 3 & 4 Crash & other faults

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using a Denon MC6000 with a faulty channel 3 fader. Because of this I'm using decks 3 & 4 with the following faults;

In 2 deck mode the CBG default & inverted waves don't work. Also the show extra gridlines doesn't work.

The AutoVideoCrossfader appears to be working at random, sometimes it automatically crossfades sometimes it doesn't.

Crash
I had a video loaded and cued up on the left player with a video playing on the right player. I had a sample bank displayed to the right of the browser area. I tried clicking on the right arrow head to cycle to another sample bank and got the sand timer with the whole interface frozen. I had to shut down the program by moving the sand timer over the window close x. I have not been able to repeat this.

Mid 2010 MBP i7 2.6 4gb RAM, 750gb internal HD Bootcamped with Windows 7. Seagate FreeAgent 1tb external HD.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:22 am
After messing around today I noticed that the AutoVideoCrossfader is not as random as I thought.

Moving from left deck to right deck -------->>>>>> it works automatically as it should

Moving from right deck to left deck <<<<<<-------- it does not work

Another strange quirk I've found by accident. If after the AutoVideoCrossfader has not worked moving from right to left and I then press the deckchange button on my MC6000 to switch from deck 4 to deck 2, then the crossfader moves smoothly to the left deck. Pressing the deckchange button again just works as normal.

I found some alternative skins that show the rhythm wave when using decks 3 & 4 in 2 deck mode.
Non of the VDJ8 skins based on the default skin show the rhythm wave using decks 3 & 4 in 2 deck mode.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)