Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VMS 4.1 issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been testing V8 on my spare laptop all week and its been fine. However, yesterday it stopped responding on one of my faders. V7 is fine but V8 does not respond no matter what I do in the settings.
I re installed from the original install file downloaded and ran it from that version and it was OK until it updated again when it didn't respond again.
But, I re installed it again and refused the update when prompted and it worked until I ran it down and then back up again when the fader was not responding again.
I was going to run with V8 to give it a good test in a live environment, using 7 as a backup, but can't with it like this sadly.
It's always the channel 1 fader that is not responding regardless of where I map it to on the hardware sliders in settings.
Any ideas?

It is the same using either the VMS map or the default map btw.
I would love to give it a trial in a live environment, and was planning to until this happened.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:27 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
seems to be a general Problem now...read a couple of similar issues here....

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:34 am
I have this issue. You hardware works but on screen is confusing and seems to cause issues with peaking and limiter. VMS lights well in the green, VDJ peaking and limiting.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:36 am
Try to run the vms with audio output to your internal sk of your system. then try using gain and/ or eq ....should not affect the master output signal when vms is set to pre-eq mode.
if it sill does, we might have twice the signal level we actually should have.... (one from the vms plus the one from vdj)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:43 am
RobRoy wrote :
seems to be a general Problem now...read a couple of similar issues here....

Sorry RobRoy, can you link to the info you are referring to please? I can't find it.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:20 am
not shure if would be helpful...think it was in the german forum...
should i post it nevertheless...?

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 5:01 am
Yes please I speak a little German so may be able to get something out of it.
Many thanks btw

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 5:04 am

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 5:06 am
Thanks RobRoy.
Weird a search didn't bring that up for me though. Hey Ho.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 5:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)