Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: vdj8 causing process name tccd in activity monitor to run at 51% cpu

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have noticed than when using VJD8 the fans on my early 2011 macbook pro quite often rev up. not a problem iv'e ever had with VDJ7.
When checking the activity monitor i found that process name tccd is running at 51% Cpu + also memory on this process is also ramped up.
As soon as i quit VDJ8 this return to normal (Non Existant)
Since installing this software i have also had my macbook crash and restart 3 times. That is 3 time more than it has ever done in the 3 years i've had it.

Any ideas Guys.

Macbook Pro early 2011
2.2 intel core i7 quad core
8G 1333mhz ddr3 memory
Intel HD Graphics 3000 / AMD Radeon HD 6750M
500GB SSD (OS and Apps)
750GB HDD (internal Storage)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 8:45 pm
So anyway done a little digging and found that the reason my pc was crashing seemed to be due to ESET cyber security which recently had an update. this is now no longer on my my mac as i uninstalled it completely.
With this in mind i still have the process name tccd in activity monitor running at 51%+ (and running hot) after running vdj8 for a while and it still goes back to normal after quitting the program. That to me would suggest its related in some way.
The only other thing I'm running at the time is safari to view this forum but even tried turning of wi fi so that i had no internet connection. no change.
Still waiting to see if anyone got any idea's.

Thanks guys i know you must be busy but maybe this has something to do with why certain people are complaining their mac's are running hot.

Then maybe I'm wrong. :)

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 9:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)