Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: logunsuccessfulsearches

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
How it is working? I have logunsuccessfulsearches "YES" option, but nothing is added into the searchlog.txt file...

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:09 pm
IF you search for something in your browser and no results are found.

The whatever you searched is added to a SearchLog.txt file in the Virtual DJ database so you have a record of what you may want to try and get for your next gig.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:41 pm
Yes, I understand. But it does not work, you can try it. You can enter anything and the searchlog.txt file is still the same.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:48 pm
Confirmed. I just searched for a few things that I knew were not in my database, and nothing was written to the text file.

I deleted the searchlog.txt and restarted VDJ 8 to try again, and it didn't even create a new blank one.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:08 pm
Is there any patch for this? Reported 10 days ago...

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:42 am
They'll probably say it's not a priority because VDJ isn't crashing.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:07 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
guess they say it is a minor prior cause we have (other) major priorĀ“s at the moment...;-)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Just tried and it's working fine here.

Searchlog.txt is created in Documents\VitualDJ 2 seconds after you typed in a search with no results.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:30 am
Nothing here.

With no searchlog.txt present (I deleted it) VDJ 8 does not create a new one when there are no search results.

I manually create a searchlog.txt and make some more tests. Nothing gets written.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:35 am
Working without any issues on my PC.

Do you start VDJ as Admin ?? Maybe you don't have the propper user rights to write a file in the documents/Virtual DJ Folder.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:40 am
I am always admin on this machine.

I will try running VDJ as admin......

No, still the same results. If there is no file, VDJ does not create one. If the file exists, nothing is written to it.

VDJ 7 writes to the file (I just checked), but nothing from VDJ 8 regardless of whether logunsuccessfulsearches is set to 'yes' or 'no'.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 8:46 am
jakovski wrote :
Maybe you don't have the propper user rights to write a file in the documents/Virtual DJ Folder.

The file searchlog.txt is accessible from Virtual DJ 8. Action log_search is working. Problem is only with logunsuccessfulsearches.

Edit: OK.. I figured it out... logunsuccessfulsearches is working only if "search in ContentUnlimited" is enabled. :-)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:06 am
OK now that's just weird!

Atomix, fix please! :-)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)