Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: list of working video transitions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

canwe have a pinned post of working video transitions?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:39 pm
I will be looking into this tomorrow.

I had trouble with transitioning from one track to another as I had the random transition in options ticked. The screens were black for most of the transition then I realised that a lot of the transitions don't work in V8. Partly for this reason I used V7 to gig with last night as I have DJed with 100% video for the last 6 1/2 years.

I also need to sort out audio & video samples and get them organised properly.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:33 pm
So far here is what I know works.
Cloud dissolve
color swap
cube
doors
drain
drain light
droplets
extreme cut
fade
flatcube
flip
flip 3d
glass
grid
lumakey
pixelate
satelite
strolling slice
shatter
slide
splodge
strobe
warp
warp speed
window
window double
wipe zoom

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:08 pm
thanks

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 3:40 am
Beat me to it Brian, thanks, saved me a job. ;-)

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:38 am
Love VDJ8 added a nice amount of Transitions. Could have left out - Drain, Drain Light, Droplets and Pixlate. Didn't see any effects with the Satellite & Satellite Boom maybe broken. Exetreme Cut, Glass and Slide are nice for selective mixes. Cloud Dissolve, Fade, Sequence, Shatter and the Window are keepers. Color Swap, Doors, Grid, LumaKey, Window Double, Zoom...are 5 Star! The Cube, Flip 3D, Splodge, Strobe, Wrap and Wrap Speed did nothing. "Scrolling Slice", shut my MAC down.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:35 pm
Must be a Mac thing, those last 6 mentioned by michaeldjp just make the screen darker when transitioning with no effect, Scrolling Slice shuts down VDJ8 just by choosing it, (did not shut down my mack though). could not find scrolling slice on my computer to delete do i don't accidentally choose it but could not find it

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:01 am
All the transitions work for me also. The problem I'm having is, they all give a gradual transition with the crossfader, but only
drain
droplets
fade
grid
satellite/satellite boom
scrolling slice
shatter
window
sbdj squarres give a gradual transistion when using the volume sliders.
I have video crossfader link, automatic and video volume link marked yes in options. Anyone know of a setting I might have missed or wrong?
Thanks

Edit.... Meant to say that the others only give a quick transistion when the volume slider is about 1/4 of the way up then switches right away to the other video.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 12:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)