Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: American Audio 19MXR mixer not working in VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jthankiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
i have a gig tomorrow and i can not get my American Audio 19MXR mixer to work with VJ 8. Working fine in VDJ 7. Need help to solve this issue. BTW i have brand new drivers installed yesterday

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Then use your V7 version.
It's not recommended to use this pre-release version for live gigs at the moment.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:48 am
VDJ 8 is a pre-release. It's unfinished. It's not intended to be gig ready.

You should still be using VDJ 7 for gigs, at least until 8 is fully released. Even then, you ought to be testing 8 thoroughly at home for some time first.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:48 am
I have the MXR-14 that I'm using with TCV (tech-1200's), and it works 100% fine. Are you using your MXR-19 as a midi controller or an external mixer?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:04 am
jthankiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I called American Audio tech dept., and they were very helpful. I have it now working and I don't plan on using for live gig at this time till final version is released. I had to speaker output to American Audio 19MXR Card. On Interface had to change drop-down menu on right top to read AD MXR19 so the controls on my mixers would mimic the actions on Vdj 8 software.

Hope it helps

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:08 pm
visionz5 wrote :
I have the MXR-14 that I'm using with TCV (tech-1200's), and it works 100% fine. Are you using your MXR-19 as a midi controller or an external mixer?

How did u set it up, I have the MXR 14 works great with vdj8 just cant get the timecode to workkeeps coming out of internal card, do you have a screen shot of setting maybe! thanks!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 11:08 am
im running the American audio with vdj8 and apart from a couple of bugs all is great "make sure its run in mixer mode
CONTROLLER MODE - This mixer has two operating mode; Mixer mode (default) and Controller mode. To activate Controller mode, hold down the Controller Mode Button when powering up before the VU meter displays the Firmware Version. The LED will glow when Controller Mode is activated. To exit this mode, power down, then power up while holding the Controller Mode button. the manual link
http://www.adjaudio.com/pdffiles/19mxr.pdf

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 8:01 am
jthanki wrote :
I called American Audio tech dept., and they were very helpful. I have it now working and I don't plan on using for live gig at this time till final version is released. I had to speaker output to American Audio 19MXR Card. On Interface had to change drop-down menu on right top to read AD MXR19 so the controls on my mixers would mimic the actions on Vdj 8 software.

Hope it helps

Hiya can you explain that abit better I've just bought the 19mxr gigged sat night on vdj 7 went well but trying to run it on vdj 8 at home to have a feel.
I'm getting sound out of one channel, crossfade works but nothing moving on computer and no headphone output will be something simple but cannot find it.
Thanks

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)