Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Track ending visual alert

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Team,

Not a fault but a very nice to have would be a visual indication there is 30 seconds or less of track remaining.

Maybe it is possible to flash the track waveform on the appropriate deck, as time remaining counts down from 30 seconds to 0.

Alternatively flash the colored rotating disk for the last 30 seconds of track remaining time... so it serves a dual purpose... not just a scratch pad but a visible alert.

This serves two purposes, if you have been distracted you know immediately which deck is about to play out.... and which deck NOT to do anything to.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:16 am
can add that yes ;)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:18 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Will you do so? :)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:26 am
That is just a skin customization. You can either download a custom skin (as they become available) that has that feature, or create/edit the skin yourself to include it.

I edited the default skin to add it to mine.

I didn't want to invest too much time and energy into the default skin since I may end up changing to something else when more skins are available, so I did it using the existing graphics in the PNG file. only needing to edit the XML file.

I use the 4-deck skin exclusively, so I took the existing image of the red Horizontal VU meter from the 6 deck layout and I made it flash right above the Hot Cue buttons in the decks. It flashes slowly when songpos_remaining is less than 30 seconds, and flashes quickly when songpos_remain is less than 15 seconds. When that big red line starts flashing, it is very noticeable.

(One item to note is that in VDJ8, when Line In is active, songpos_remain apparently defaults to 0 (wasn't this way in vdj7), so unless you include an exclusion for "linein on", it will always flash when you are using linein.)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:44 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
can add that yes ;)

That would be awesome Thanks so much =)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:44 pm
SoFla David wrote :
That is just a skin customization. You can either download a custom skin (as they become available) that has that feature, or create/edit the skin yourself to include it.

I edited the default skin to add it to mine.

I appreciate that it can be done the way you suggest... however i wouldnt have the faiest clue where to start so its beyond me.
That ia why I asked for it to be added.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 10:46 pm
Understood, just keep watching as new skins get created, for one that has that feature.

What controller do you use? It's a lot easier to change the LED mapping on the controller so that some of the buttons start blinking near the end of the song.

Easier than modifying a skin.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 7:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)