Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: So far so good.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, just a positive post here with so far no complaints. Going to run this live this Saturday for the real test but in 3 days of stress testing 8 with my gear I have not encountered a single problem. I realise there will possibly be something somewhere that may crop up during a live performance but I'm confident to go with it. I am a mobile DJ using a denon mc6000 mk1 with a Dell latitude i3 and on board graphics.
Some some things I have instantly noticed that are better for me personally over 7.4.
The look and the native skin I think are fantastic. I can't see myself having to reskin because all of the information and features I use are right there.
Start up time is incredibly fast. I've even unplugged the USB cable, home cable to the TV I use, no problems. Plug them back in and it's up and running right away, use 7.4 which needed a reboot.
Sampler decks, took me a while but I realised I could run them through a 3rd deck rather than master. Brilliant. No more fiddling with sample volumes.
Content unlimited seems smoother and much faster through 8. No fuss no drama it just works.
Might be placebo but the sound quality seems much better, sharper, like going from vinyl to cd almost.
Also having read about milk drop, wow the visuals. Just wow. Sonique is indeed dead as per the post.

I look forward to many years of service from virtual DJ, a clear market leader. Tried the rest before I went with 7 in the first place and can't be anymore delighted and perhaps being a bit if a saddo here but also excited. Great job Atomix. 11/10.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:24 am

nice review and good to hear ;)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)