Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: intel express 4 karaoke video error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I've been successfully running v7.4 since it was release and have had no video issues whatsoever. But in 8, I run into a problem with going fullscreen and only for karaoke files. The audio runs smoothly, but the graphic from the cdg stutters and jumps. This happens with cdg + wav as well as cdg+mp3 and whether or not the files are compressed in bin, zip, or uncompressed. It's the only issue I've found that I just can't fix. I've allocated 1600 to the videomemory in advanced options, made sure my graphics chip is the one displayed, enabled showkaraoke as well as checking the box for zip karaoke files and i've even added karaoke to the list of files virtual dj will read. not sure what I could be missing. i've run the intel hd graphics fix just in case and no difference there. still banging away on this but I'm wondering what could be causing this issue. it's only when the window becomes a certain size and i don't see how this should glitching. it's not actually using up that much memory so where's the hole?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:44 pm
after nearly every registry fix and pc adjustment i could make to every drive and ini and dll i found that if i take vdj out of fullscreen mode and just stetch it to the screen, the other screen having the video fullsized is fine.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:48 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If this is a windows PC, have you turned off the visual effects and set a basic theme?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:54 am
i literally tried EVERYTHING else. i scrubbed memory, tried running it with no other non essential windows service running (including explorer itself). i reduced every quality setting in vdj and in my graphic cards settings, changing processor affinities in every combo, changing service priority to real time, anything to fix it. only thing that gives me a clean maxed video window is by having virtual dj's main screen NOT maximized, but simply stretched out. This is a rendering glitch in their engine is all. I'm sure not too many people have the problem, but I certainly did which means there are a number of people who likely do have the problem.

It doesn't bother my videos when they're full screen regardless of format (mpeg, avi, mp4, wmv, mkv etc) but cdg files bother it. It's weird.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:12 pm
would love to be able to modify the codecs being used. i think that'll solve the issue. i've been sitting around or several build updates hoping that one would have a solution for this as i'd love to intro it at my karaoke shows but still nothing. karaoke is using too many resources on 8 but when i go back to 7 everything is absolutely great! very little memory usage and karaoke runs great full screen and on a second monitor in full screen. i still can't get it to run smoothly on 8 in full screen at all. i even disabled hardware acceleration for the skin and took the skin out of fullscreen mode. i'm guessing the new method of renderring the skin is the difference in what's eating the memory. thinking of trying to drop the skin max fps. the record skin might get jerky but i could care less about a record spinning as long as my shows go smoothly.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 2:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)