Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Here's my good, bad and ugly.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
OK I have now been screwing with ver 8 since the day it was released and all I can say is WOW!! This software kicks so much a$$ it hurts! Well done Atomix and watch out Serato and Traktor!! That being said; I have tirelessly went over almost every conceivable area of the program and have a list of hits and misses in my humble opinion.

THE GOOD

- Sound quality is immediately noticeable. It is sooo much better thank version 7.
- The interface is not as "toy looking" as before. But really why judge a book on it's cover?
- The sound effects are much cleaner and crisper than previous versions.
- The ability to make your own sample folders is awesome.
- Video Clips, Samples, Loops, Drops are all in the same place (and highly customizable) which makes for easy access and customization.
- The BPM Editor is awesome. I love the idea of being able to make changes to the beat grid especially with songs that "drift" so that they can be seamlessly beat mixed with other songs.
- The POI editor is mind is simply blowing! It is versatile and there is so much that you can do with it.
- The Automix editor is soo nice and you can adjust your sets on the fly...love it!
- Really like the new "slideshow" and "title" and the fact that you have full control of all parameters.
- The recording is flawless!
- The loop "move" is great.
- The ability to move forward or back in a song and not lose the beat is priceless!
- It seems pretty stable and the ability to avoid a crash is nice.
- Able to run multiple visualizations at on time and even over videos!
- Sandbox!!
- Love the new icon!

THE BAD

- Not being able to get rid of the cover pics on either side of the wave form is a pain.
- There is definitely a learning curve with this version but only a basic users manual. Instructional videos or threads are needed for the novice.
- When using milkdrop then fading to a music video milkdrop must be turned off in order to see the video. Other visualizations seem fine.

THE UGLY

- The fact that not everyone has this program because they think that nothing beats Serato!

Keep up the good work Atomix!! Job well done and definitely worth the wait!!! I am a VDJ lifer now!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:33 pm
Just Right-click on the album art in the deck and it will go away.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:51 pm
SoFla David wrote :

Nope ....sorry. Just get a "edit" menu.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:52 pm
SoFla David wrote :

This is only for the 4 deck skin where the cover art is not on the waveforms anyway

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:54 pm
Sorry. Right-click in the deck window, but to the right of the album art.

Once you turn them off, they stay off until you right click again. Even after program restarts. :)

... And yes, this is for 4-deck. Didn't realize two deck was different.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:58 pm
SoFla David wrote :
Sorry. Right-click in the deck window, but to the right of the album art.

Once you turn them off, they stay off until you right click again. Even after program restarts. :)

... And yes, this is for 4-deck. Didn't realize two deck was different.

Sorry; should have mentioned 2 deck mode.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)