Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: updating version 7 audio engine?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys I know this is a long-shot but would there be any chance of porting version 8's audio engine to version 7.4? Reason I ask is because the audio quality was the only bad thing about version 7 and so far hardly anything works like it should in version 8 so there's no chance of using it in a live setting anytime soon.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:58 pm
There are no plans to further develop Version 7 at this time.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:04 pm
I will be using at a prom on Friday and a wedding on Saturday... 99.9% works perfectly for me.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:10 pm
Thanks for the reply.... it's a shame, so far 7 wins hands down when compared to 8 imo

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:16 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
I will be using at a prom on Friday and a wedding on Saturday... 99.9% works perfectly for me.

Either you have a different version to me or you don't really use the looping or beat matching functions - they're all over the place.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:19 pm
I USE SYNC TO BEAT MATCH ALL THE TIME IT WAS FINE IN VDJ7 BUT IN VDJ8 BEATS ARE NEVER IN SYNC ----PLEASE HELP

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 5:31 pm
I have noticed that the BPM VD8, is not equal to that carried VD7 in many songs that I used to program.

Try first BPM sync your mp3 to square you are, and then mix with confidence.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 7:43 pm
vdbocPRO (legacy)Member since 2013
Yay! Someone finally noticed this! I have been trying for weeks to get a meaningful response to this problem. No one helps or even notices... until now. Now, patrick shaun has finally noticed the problem trying to sync beats in version 8. Yay for patrick shaun. Someone please help us! Here is my statement on the matter from a few weeks ago:

The way version 8 functions regarding play_sync and play_sync_onbeat is different from previous versions in a fundamental way, and seriously flawed.

In previous versions, play_sync and play_sync_onbeat functioned to align the beat of the new track to the NEAREST beat of the currently-playing track. In version 8, these commands function to align the beat of the new track to the NEXT beat of the currently-playing track. In practice, this means that beats are often misaligned when beatmatching.

Typically, you listen to the track playing and then hit the play_sync or play_sync_onbeat command at the moment of the intended beat. In actual usage, the command will technically be triggered a tiny fraction of a second before or a tiny fraction of a second after the true beat. In previous versions of the program, slightly before or slightly after did not matter; the new track would jump ahead or back as needed to align with the intended beat, and the result would be perfect every time. With version 8, before or after does matter. If you happen to trigger the play command a tiny fraction of a second before the intended beat, then the beats align correctly and all is well. If, however, you happen to trigger the command a tiny fraction of a second after the intended beat, then the program delays the track and aligns with the next beat, which is horribly wrong.

The new way version 8 functions requires the user to constantly strive to hit the command before the intended beat, which is counter-intuitive. Sitting in one’s home and practicing, a conscious effort can be made to do this, but when deejaying an actual gig, where a lot is going on and many things are juggling in one’s mind, the requirement to be conscious of this unintuitive way of doing things every single mix is unacceptable, especially when all previous versions of VirtualDJ functioned in a way that is correct and natural. In fact, one of the first things anyone notices when first encountering VirtualDJ is the ease with which beatmatching can be accomplished. That ease is now gone.

I can find no setting that addresses this problem. I pray that there exists some way to return VDJ8 to functioning as all previous versions did regarding play_sync and play_sync_onbeat.

My question: Is there anyway to make version 8 behave like previous versions regarding this matter?

On behalf of myself and patrick shaun, if ANYONE can shed ANY light on this matter in a knowledgeable way, please do! Thank you!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 11:52 pm
Wow, this is now the fourth time you've posted that same message!

Previous duplicate posts:
26th May PC Technical Support
28th May bug-report forum
3rd June bug-report forum

Ae you not aware of the forum rules?

Did you not see the responses to previous reposts - mods closing your posts and telling you to use the original thread?

Is there some strange reason why you can't simply bump your first post?

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 2:43 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Indeed.

Since this is the v8 bug report forum and the OP is a request for v7 which is no longer being developed I am going to close this.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 4:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)