Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Please fix the Slideshow

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There used to be an option to select individual slides and keep them on the screen. The new slide show does not have this option. I've been hosting trivia games with this feature for years now. I really want to use VDJ 8 tonight, but I still have to use VDJ 7 for this reason. Is there any other ways of doing this as of right now? Is there any chance this will be fixed?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:26 pm
I noticed the same behavior.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:27 pm
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ya I agree with the above guys, the slideshow in ver 7, you could do the following within the "slideshow module":

Select just one picture - and it would be static on the screen. I could then cube rotate it, flip it, etc.
Select "slideshow" to activate the SCROLLING of the pictures in the folder you've selected.
or Select "smooth transition or hard" transition AND at the speed the pictures would scroll to the next.

Please put all of the above functionality into 8.

I'm not a KARAOKE guy, but my buddy is. In version 7, he used to be able to drag a song onto the karaoke window. It would automatically ask him for the singers name. There was also some advanced features where near the song end, the next song title and singers name would go on the screen for the crowd to see "who's up next and what song their gonna sing".
Where did all of those advanced features go? Hmmm is it the same VDJ code writers doing Ver 8? You don't take features out - you add to them and improve upon the ROCK SOLID Version 7.4
One more thing - when you press "start" karaoke, it loads the song into the player, but on quite a few of them, it chopped off the beginning, where the text shows the song titles, and the music is already playing. Karaoke people like to the see the graphics/intro and then the music starts. When you press play, the music shouldn't be instant - graphics first. I hope I've made it clear.

Please bring back as a skin option, the >"Browser - Sampler - Effects - Record"< ribbon bar just above the songs browser. It was so easy to navigate.
With ver 8, I have to scroll down a long narrow list of names to find the effect/plugin I want, and then scroll to the right to lick a small radio button to have the "GUI" for that plugin open up - and when it does open on the far right of the screen,(feels like half of it's chopped off or something), these little "widgets" are very tiny and the buttons are so close together - it's too 'SQUEEZED" together. In a darker dj booth, standing up, moving around mixing, and having a few drinks under my belt, it's gonna be a REAL challenge to get the mouse to hit those little buttons correctly.

CLIPBANK - Please make it the way it was in ver 7. Others have complained about this also.
I think next time you should include a wider array of "beta" testers to give you more feed back because in only a few days since the pre-release, there's a wave of discontent because of missing (removed) features, and bugs in the software.
Pick some additional people (ahemm), who work in LARGE NIGHTCLUBS every week. Just trying it for a few hours, I've discovered quite a few bugs, GUI interface problems (user friendly issues), HOT CUE issues (where sometime I press a Hot cue while the song is playing and the song stops dead in it's track lol It's supposed to record the hot cue on the fly without stopping the song. Again this happens "hit and miss". Not all the time, but I would never use this live yet just because of that issue!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:35 pm
StylesQ wrote :

these little "widgets" are very tiny and the buttons are so close together

In earlier versions (demonstrated at shows) the effects windows could resized. Unfortunately they've now removed that functionality.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:44 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's supposed to be in pre-release and not ready for prime time. I'm glad they did it this way and overall I think they beta guys have done a decent job. Now the whole community gets to chime in before it's official. Hopefully the slideshow feature makes the cut other wise I'll have to run two different programs to do trivia.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)