Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Many problems during trial

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I tried to use VDJ8 last night at the club (slow night so able to accept problems if any arise).
Let me first preface by saying that I have spent the last 3 days reading all of the forum posts and reading the new manual. It took me an hour just to figure out that every setting on VDJ has been reset and you are basically starting from zero! After getting most settings up and sound coming from both decks (using Denon MC6000) the disappointments started.

I understand that this is a new rewrite but feel that it is VERY unstable and nowhere near ready for release. I had several crashes during my 2 hour attempt at DJing with 8 before switching back to 7.

* There are way to many skin attributes that are hidden away in script, it is not easy or intuitive to find certain setting.

* Why would you release this when it is not even close to being as functional as VDJ7? You added all kinds of kiddie crap and took away the things that we use daily.

* I could not use the camera or slideshow plugins (native VDJ plugins). I could not use any of the other user written plugins either.

* It seems that all of the video features are hampered or don't work with video.

* The sound quality is improved but worthless if the rest cannot work without errors.

* The sampler is awesome and appears to work as it is supposed to.

* The sandbox is a joke and should be left with the toys or rewritten because it is worthless if I cannot use it on video or if I have to use the (headphones) setup to use it. I will assume that the majority of your PROFESSIONAL users will not have their soundcard settings set to be able to use it.

* Having to right click and remove tracks from playlists rather than just dragging out is stupid.

* I use this software for video production and it seems all the video stuff no longer works correctly and is a nightmare trying to figure out where settings are located

* I don't use (live Feedback) and figured how to remove it from the left folder but still have a "live Feedback" line at the bottom of my browser that I cannot figure how to get rid of

I guess I will check back in a few weeks because this software is nowhere near ready for live video mixing yet.

Rusty

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
metrixPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think you're right

In the Filters folder "bpm>120" appear the Sampler for what?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:49 pm
If you are saying that samples appear in your filter folders. This is because they are now treated as normal files. You can load them into a deck or into the sampler.

You can always try this to eliminate that problem:
bpm =>120 and File Type doesn't contain vdjsample

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
I gave several examples of video stuff not working such as camera and slideshow and sandbox. (all native to VDJ and not user plugins)

I also explained about errors with video coming back from VDJ7 that were cured (separate post called "Same Old Video Problems")

I stated the audio sounded better but worthless if the software crashes (which it did 3 times last night with no crashgaurd)

As stated I use VDJ professionally in various settings for the past 7 years and most computer setup problems have been long cured. It is not very assuring to open the software and all of your nightmare problems have returned.

There is a BIG difference between software that is "pre release" and "Beta". This is definitely "Beta" because the forums show that there are WAY to many unfinished portions to be considered a release candidate.

Please understand that I DJ video 95% of the time. I had audio stability 14 years ago with PCDJ. This is Audio/Video mixing software and release should not considered if all aspects are not working to their desired capability.

Rusty

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:56 pm
Partyman wrote :

There is a BIG difference between software that is "pre release" and "Beta". This is definitely "Beta" because the forums show that there are WAY to many unfinished portions to be considered a release candidate.

This is matter of perception. Yes there are hundreds of post. But many of them are the same problem but posted numerous time.

This is a Pre-Release version. For most it is stable without any issue. The things is, people rarely post when everything is perfect and working. They will only post when something does not work.

I take you points though and will feed them back.

Plugins are being worked on and Video Sandbox is planned for a future release.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:59 pm
Thank you for listening :)

Points have been made and hopefully I will soon see some resolution.

Rusty

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)