Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: mac problems with using 2nd screen for video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just discovered a problem with the video window for 2nd screen on mac, if i connect the 2nd screen then open vdj (on full screen), if i click to activate the video window it goes fullscreen on the laptop covering the whole vdj screen, if i then double click it, it goes half screen with no way of moving it, i can access one deck on vdj but video screen stays on top, the work round i've found for this is either start vdj, open the video window then connect the 2nd screen this will allow me to put the video screen across but it does not remember the setting, other way is to start vdj with 2nd screen attached, hit the + button top left on vdj to minimize it, open the video screen which will allow me to drag it across, double click it which brings it back to laptop screen but small normal size which i can then drag it across again to open it fullscreen, then maximize vdj fullscreen, but again vdj does not remember the screen position and goes back to opening video window fullscreen on the laptop if the video window is closed then reopened or after restarting vdj.

i'm running a macbook pro, late 2011 nvidia graphics, with mavericks with latest update

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:28 am
How I got around this is to start VDJ8, then click on the '+' to make it a smaller window version. Then click on video output which will be a small window that you can then drag to your output screen. Once there, move your mouse pointer onto the output screen, then double click to make it full screen. Return to your program screen and only then make the program interface full screen.

Try to remember to reduce the program screen from full screen to a smaller version BEFORE you close the program by clicking on the '+' sybol twice. Next time you start the program your output screen should have been remembered. Just a matter of clicking on the '+' symbol to make the program interface screen full screen again. That's how I got it to work yesterday, haven't checked it today.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:42 pm
So on the MAC, there is no more "Video option menu" to select and active second screen(TV)....like we did in Pro 7? We have to drag the window over to the second screen? That is going backwards vs improvement. FYI - The full screen wind doesn't fill the screen completely...you can still see the top bar at the top of the screen...pretty cheesy.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:03 pm
Double click inside the video screen. ;-)

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:06 pm
I had the same problem, but since it's been solved I'm really very impressed with the video quality!!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:08 pm
Using Mac 10.9.4 and VDJ 8 on build 1918.768 - when connected to external monitor Video won't show on monitor... in previous builds double clicking on the video window in vdj 8 would launch the video on the monitor, this no longer happens, now when i double click on the video window i get a micro flash of the video trying to launch but it fails..that being said... when the cables connecting to the monitor are unplugged VDJ 8 acts as it should when double clicking on the window.
Also...
When using VDJ 7.4 videos run properly on monitors, so its not the cables, connections or the k-world pctv interface that's being used.
Any advice for a VDJ 8 fix would be welcome.

Cheers

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 1:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)