Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SX - Roll and effects, strange distored sound output after 5/10 mins of use

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

Heres a strange one, when I first start up VDJ8 using the DDJ SX everything sounds great, effects wise. After about 10 mins and then say use roll effect the sound is distorted and choppy?

Any ideas?

Note: The software has set my Asio buffer latency at 1.4ms and when I click (Standard Setting) it enters those values of 5.4ms, I click apply and come out of the options menu, when I go back in, the ASIO buffer has reset back to 1.4ms. I have tried setting this with the SX turned off, saved it as a custom setting etc.... nothing works it will not let me select a different buffer size as I presume this is whats making the audio distored after a few mins.

John

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:39 am
I would say that's the reason. 1.4ms is very low!

6-10 is more usual.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:42 am
Hi Groovin,

Yes I know - just will not let me select anything else at all, rather I can select a different value but will not let me keep that setting. It is odd though as normal playing and audio along with scratching does not suffer at all, only when effects are used.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:45 am
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
maby have a look on the "ultralatency asio setting" the old default setting was 11ms or 512 frames

default is latency=automatic (wich prop. do the reset for you)
and default is ultraLatency=yes (wich will do prop. th 1,4 ms)

<performances>
<sampleRate>Automatic (44100)</sampleRate>
<latency>Automatic</latency>
<ultraLatency>no</ultraLatency>
<overclock>no</overclock>
<maxPreloadLength>15</maxPreloadLength>
<pitchQuality>2</pitchQuality>
<scratchFilterQuality>8</scratchFilterQuality>
<cpuMeter>system</cpuMeter>
<songLoadPriority>normal</songLoadPriority>
</performances>

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:54 am
Hi gbeul,

That's sorted it, thank you.... Latency was set to 1 not auto so that was preventing changing it.

Regards John

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)