Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Nuamrk Ns7 Minor glitches

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all,
I have been testing the numark ns7 for the past few days and have ran into some small glitches.

1. The scroll fader that allows you to scroll through a folder or songs likes to take over the current running track on either deck and starts to pitch the song when you scroll. I have tried messing with the mapper but it did not fix the issue.

2. When i mix through headphones for cueing or at night when i cant play through my monitors the sound splits on to one side of the headphone. I can hear everything but its one sided and i have messed around yet again with the mappers to try and fix it but no result this is a screen shot below of my settings

Besides these two minor glitches the ns7 runs flawlessly with version 8. I am updated with the latest drivers and firmware. I did not upgrade to mavericks yet but will soon.

Happy Mixing Cheers

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Dj Toni 586 wrote :
2. When i mix through headphones for cueing or at night when i cant play through my monitors the sound splits on to one side of the headphone. I can hear everything but its one sided and i have messed around yet again with the mappers to try and fix it but no result this is a screen shot below of my settings

Choose "internal soundcard" not the "stereo to mono splitter" option.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:22 am
PachN wrote :
Dj Toni 586 wrote :

Choose "internal soundcard" not the "stereo to mono splitter" option.
So i just hit restore to factory settings and both problems don't occur anymore thanks for the input

Cheers !!!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:37 am
Dj Toni 586 wrote :

1. The scroll fader that allows you to scroll through a folder or songs likes to take over the current running track on either deck and starts to pitch the song when you scroll. I have tried messing with the mapper but it did not fix the issue.

I have a NS7ii and also noticed the track pitch shifting when I rotated the Browser Scroll Knob. I updated to the latest Mac Driver, restarted and the problem went away. I will still have to do more testing though.

http://www.numark.com/images/product_downloads/Numark_NS7II_Driver_2.2.6_Mac.zip
10.9 Beta http://www.numark.com/images/product_downloads/Numark_NS7II_Driver_3.00b12.zip

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:02 am
After more testing, the Browser Scroll Knob still shifts the pitch on the deck.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:29 pm
The scratching is way off for me with the ns7 unusable also when i push down the scroll button to load a song the song currently playing backspins.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 7:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)