Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 3 issues I am having with VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have come across a few bugs that need fixing...
1... the program completely rebooted itself while searching for content unlimited songs. I'm not sure if it does it during regular searches or not. But the program completely restarted, the screen flashed back to the desktop for a moment and back into the program, the music stopped, but reloaded into the decks and continued to play after they were loaded.

2. When I open VDJ8 and try to play from another source using that same soundcard it doesn't let me use that soundcard, even when I am not playing music from VDJ8. This did not happen with 7.4.1

3. (this one is hard to explain) If you have the slicer active, and the G.U.I. active for it, and click any 2 slicer buttons (1-8) repeatedly and quickly for a few seconds, the portion of the song that the slicer is currently working on (not the portion you click on but i guess the section of the song it is currently on) ((like i said hard to explain you will have to try it or I can attempt to make a video)) the slicer will get 'stuck' it will not go to other segments of the song so like if i do the motion of click 2 buttons (one after another repeatedly and in a fast motion) and the slicer is on a breakdown of a song, it will stay on that breakdown even though it should be at the buildup. i do not know if that makes sense.

All drivers are up to date. If anyone wants to see my specs let me know. or my dxdiag.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:09 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
silantatech wrote :
2. When I open VDJ8 and try to play from another source using that same soundcard it doesn't let me use that soundcard, even when I am not playing music from VDJ8. This did not happen with 7.4.1

Go to config - options, search for "wasapiShareMode" and set it to Yes.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 3:52 am

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:29 am
silantatech wrote :

1... the program completely rebooted itself while searching for content unlimited songs.

While searching or after searching? You mentioned music - had you actually found a CU track and dragged it to a deck, or cached then dragged?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:36 am
Sound switch to laptop speakers when opening Excell

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 11:54 am
Groove, I had a CU track on a deck uncached.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:17 pm
Probably a streaming issue then I guess.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)