Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Prelisten stops working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I noticed that I can consistently break the pre-listen feature upon the 7th or 8th song I pre-listen to in the headphones. For the first 7-8 songs, the pre-listen feature works perfectly. On the 8th song or so, the icon changes color to show pre-listen is active, but no sound will come out. The only way I've found to fix the feature is to quit & reopen the software.

I'm using VDJ 8 on a mac running 10.9.2.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:51 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I thought this was only me... I am seeing the exact same problem. I'm using a Denon MC6000MK2 controller. What controller are you using?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:46 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hmmm thought that was me ... Happened last night using win 7 64-bit bootcamp Mac. Oh...however i was using the initial installation from Monday afternoon.

Already stated before but PLEASE give put the pre-listen back at the bottom of browser or at least give the option of enabling it / disabling it AT&T he bottom of the browser as in v7. I used that feature constantly in the clubs.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:55 pm
VenturaHome userMember since 2006
I too had this problem. I just reverted back to VDJ7 for 1 song while i closed and reopened VDJ8 and it was working again all night.
Not good that this feature isnt working correctly. Im no propper mixer like most but i do like to check via pre listen to check that the song is the right version and also check ppls requests. last thing i want is an accidental slow song in the middle of a party.
Please fix the pre-listen

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 6:52 am
Has anyone found an answer to this issue?

I'm using a up-to-date mac with build 1845.693 using a Numark Edge and I can only listen to 5/6 tracks on the prelisten before it stops working.
The only way to get it working again is to shut down the app and open it again.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 4:49 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Any answer to this? I've reported it in the Mac section because I have had this issue happen to me on a few occasions.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 10:24 am
????please fix

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:57 pm
I did a quick test without the controller plugged in and the prelisten didn't have any issue and i jump thru 100's of songs. I then plugged in the controller and change the audio settings for it and prelisten went back to stop working after 6/7 tracks.

Using a Mac with Mavericks
Controller Numark edge

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 4:14 am
numbster wrote :
I did a quick test without the controller plugged in and the prelisten didn't have any issue and i jump thru 100's of songs. I then plugged in the controller and change the audio settings for it and prelisten went back to stop working after 6/7 tracks.

Using a Mac with Mavericks
Controller Numark edge

Interesting observation. I just tested and found the same to be true. No controller, prelisten worked great. When I hooked up the controller, after 7 tracks or so it stopped working.

OSX Mavericks
Controller: Denon MC6000 MK1

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 7:22 am
Same with me, has anyone got a solution??

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 4:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)