Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: stopping samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when browsing the sampler folder if i come across a sample file that is lets say 2 minutes long how do i stop the sample from playing. i dont see how to stop it.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:45 pm
Just click on the icon again

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:47 pm
click on the sample again ;)

depending on mode of course, one of the modes is restart sample at each click, another trigger mode is on/off, yet another mode is play only when pressed etc..

(or just right click it.. )

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:48 pm
When playing the drum sounds i have a hard time stopping them. they sometimes lock up. left or right clicking does nothing

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:54 pm
ok so when you browse the sampler folder the sample acts as if it was on a pad. Im talking about from the sampler folder where your samples are stored im just browsing them to see what i want. So if i choose to set it on stutter the sample will act like that in the sampler folder. ok lets me get my scratch sampler cds out my sampler folder.
I do suggest a stop function when in the sampler folder i understand the pads like that but not in a browser folder.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:00 pm

I was hoping to use the sampler as I used clipbank in 7, for video clips, I have 19 clipbanks with 12 clips in each. I can load these clips in 8 but at the moment can only stop them if they are "small". I haven't worked out if its because of the length or size of the video clips. So when one is on loop that's it for night! at the moment I restart VDJ to stop the clip (or sample in 8). These are mainly mp4/m4v files.
Using win 8.1 64bit i7 8gb 7700 2gb card desktop.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:09 pm
How long and large are they?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:27 pm
as long as 2 minutes

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:34 pm
UPDATE...... I've now converted a dozen mp4's to .wmv and they turn off & on so maybe that's the answer! Anyway its gone 3am in the UK I'm going bed but will continue later after a sleep.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:25 pm
Audio samples

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)