Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Smart Play Syncing songs way outside the selected pitch range

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I Have set my pitch range to 12% but if i have smart play selected it will try to match two songs that are way outside this range. For instance i had a track playing at 128pm and if i played a track at 91bpm it disregards my 12% setting and tries to match the bpm. If i go to the optionsmenu and check the selected pitch range it automatically changes from my selected 12% to 40%. How do i set it up so it only tries to match songs within my selected 12% range and will not change the pitch range i have selected in the options menu. Thanks a million for any help on this.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:23 pm
Disable autopitchrange in options

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:27 pm
I think what is happening is that when you load a track in v8 it reanalyzes the key harmonics and for some tracks this means v7 guessed differently (noticed I did not use the word incorrectly). I sorted some tracks by harmonics/key in v8 that were originally scanned in v7. Some tracks I loaded onto the decks the key changed. Some quite dramatically. So what happens is you don't always notice this has happened and begin mixing the track from the previous track and the pitch matching makes an extreme change (deep or squeaky voices etc).

Just a guess mind.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)