Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Filterfolders syntax error ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
this works with v7
file path starts with d:\rock-pop\ and top 400 Play count
says : syntax error at 400 Play count

top 400 Play count and file path starts with d:\rock-pop\
this works !!!!!!!!!!!! strange !!!!!!!!!!

this works also
filepath starts with d:\Latino\ and genre is Salsa
top 100 nbplay and year>=2010 and year<=2019 and filepath starts with d:\rock-pop\

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:23 pm
Syntax for filter folders has changed in V8.
Please read the manual to get a good understanding of the new sytax.
Also now a Filter folder can be applied on a "Folder" instead of the entire database (7v way). So it's way too more powerfull now

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:38 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yhea i understand but why is it so important that you have to start with top and not with path in this case?

for the others its still working

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:46 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have nearly the same issues with Filter folder. Before VDJ 8 "filepath contains "I:\Eigene Musik\Dance" worked. Now i have to use "filepath starts with..." to get it working. The command contains seems not to work anymore.

Moreover, I read the guide, but the guide doesn't tell me why the syntax described top doesn't work anymore.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:28 am
push

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:32 pm
filepath contains should still work, are you getting a SYNTAX error - or is the folder not displaying any results.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:35 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
filepath contains should still work, are you getting a SYNTAX error - or is the folder not displaying any results.

Thank you for your responding! No I don't have any syntax error, but I used contains in VDJ 7 and I got some tracks displayed in the folder. If I use contains (instead of starts with) now, I don't have any tracks.

Greetings

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:06 pm
I can confirm that "contains" works, because I have a lot of filter folders that use "contains" and the results display fine.

However I'm using it to look for genres and/or years, not filepaths.

[EDIT] I've just done a quick test for filepaths. It seems to be the drive letters that are stopping it working.

i.e. filepath contains sausage will work, whereas filepath contains c:\sausage doesn't.

In your case, using filepath contains Eigene would work.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
I can confirm that "contains" works, because I have a lot of filter folders that use "contains" and the results display fine.

However I'm using it to look for genres and/or years, not filepaths.

[EDIT] I've just done a quick test for filepaths. It seems to be the drive letters that are stopping it working.

i.e. filepath contains sausage will work, whereas filepath contains c:\sausage doesn't.

In your case, using filepath contains Eigene would work.

Lol...yeah you are totally right. However, that's a strange thing, but thank you for solving my issue.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
the same

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 3:19 am
@NextG @groovin

Set the drive separately from path.. Usually you only want to use path (since drive letters can change.. e.g external drives etc..)
But you can of course filter for a specific drive also ..
Do it like this : Drive is C and file path starts with "house music"

@asthedj
As the error message says you dont have a complete syntax yet, days since what
Example of use : days since first seen < 30

I made a little project with a complete stock of different common asked for filters here, super easy to set up and use :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/189385/VirtualDJ_Plugins/MY_LIBRARY_-_The_essential_database_tool_for_VirtualDJ_8.html

Both for looking at examples and for real use ;)

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 5:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)