Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: MBP issues OSX or those running Windows 7 via Bootcamp

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I *might* go MBP one day but still want to use the Windows 7. So, are these issues (high CPU, heat, random crazy, etc) related to OSX or the hardware - no matter what the OS?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:57 pm
basxrPRO InfinityMember since 2011
ewitles wrote :
Gang -

I *might* go MBP one day but still want to use the Windows 7.

bootcamp only support windows 8.1 drivers :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:07 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Beg to differ. I installed 7 on several macs. It depends on the MBP and OSX version.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:09 pm
basxrPRO InfinityMember since 2011
10.9.2 only wants 64 bit 8.1 at least mine does .

vdj8 runs fine on both os (maverics and boot camped 8.1)
had a little heat problem on osx but that's okay now.
on 8.1 your touchpad looses gesture control and scrolling inertia but that won't bother while playing music .
most of time I use OSX

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:21 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
have mbp and bootcamp with w7

at moment no chance to test vdj on mac cause have 10.6.8 and i dont like 10.9 looking for 10.7 media

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:00 pm
I have a mid 2010 15" MBP i7 2.6Ghz with 4Gb RAM, 750Gb internal HD. Bootcamped with 500Gb allocated to Maverick (10.9.2) and 250Gb allocated to Windows 7. I use a Seagate FreeAgent 1Tb external USB HD for all mp3s (25,000) and videos (8,000).

I have VDJ8 on both. I keep jumping between them, so far, the PC version is running much smoother. I assumed that the Mac version would be great as they said they had written VDJ in native 64bit. My experience so far (early days yet) is that the Mac version interface stutters by just moving the mouse across the screen. I've had about 3 crashes to the desktop then it restarted within a second or two and carried on playing. Once though, the external video output took over the main laptop screen which meant an aggressive shut down of the laptop to get out of it.

As I said, it's early days yet, but in my experience the PC version is better.

Oh, haven't experienced the high heat problem on either side.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)