Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: sound cards for vdj 8 timecode + vinyls - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

running 15" macbook pro with osx 10.9.2
my current sound cards are rane sl1, and traktor kontrol z2.
i can see kontrol z2 but can't get it to work,
rane sl1 doesn't show at all
would love to use the z2 's built in card then i could map the mixer as well
i used to use the sl1 on my pc but guess it doesn't work on mac from what i've been reading
thanks for any and all help i can get with this

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:54 am
I have asked in the pass if the Z2 could be mapped and only got 1 guy answering me back? What i did though (newbie at mapping) was i went into audio controller for the z2 and reconfigured the mixer... then went into virtual dj 7 and midi mapped the crossfader and a few button's! anyway i then closed down vdj 7 and opened up vdj 8 and some how it was reading the mapping's? I have only tried it this weekend and I am away for 8 days for work! but i'll be straight on it when i return home - thats for sure! both timecodes were reading, I just have to map the crossfader and "high's mid's low's" etc and the cue's (hopefully multifunction the 1 button) like in Traktor

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:54 am
i'm still trying to get it working as well .haven/t tried mapping yet so i/m gonna do some mapping then and see what happens

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:12 pm
rt now when i turn off timecode on the skin the left deck show output on master but not the right deck...and when i open audio /midi settings on my macbook everything is greyed out for z2 settings i can only change from stereo or multichannel

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:15 pm
Djfingas wrote :
I i went into audio controller for the z2 and reconfigured the mixer...

i see controller editor but how do you configure audio controller ??

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:29 pm
dj t boogie wrote :
rt now when i turn off timecode on the skin the left deck show output on master but not the right deck...and when i open audio /midi settings on my macbook everything is greyed out for z2 settings i can only change from stereo or multichannel

Can you make a screenshot with the soundcard dropdown list open?

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:36 pm
dj t boogie wrote :
Djfingas wrote :
I i went into audio controller for the z2 and reconfigured the mixer...

i see controller editor but how do you configure audio controller ??

Sorry for the late reply... open up the native instruments control editor and you will see like a mud map of the z2 click on any button and then press that button on the mixer e.g ques

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:00 am

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:25 am
heres the screenshot of sound card window ..it kept closing when i took screeshot so i finally got this one

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:47 am
ok i think i got it now just gotta work on mapping it now
weird thing is it works better with my serato vinyl than my tractor vinyls

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 3:40 pm
dj t boogie wrote :

The Serato Timecodes are better use for VDJ8 cv02 tc is what im using! When i get home i'l screen shot how i set it up, because the z2 will be in midi mode I was told it would be better to use speaker headphones for the out put?... I haven't tried this yet. The card i clicked on 2 soundcards and input Timecodes - hope this is of some help brother. Its the mapping im having a few dramas with as i am a newbie to the whole mapping thing - would "crossfader_relative" better than "crossfader" or "fake_crossfader"? these are the things i'll have to figure out etc

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 4:20 pm
dj t boogie wrote :

i have the z2 and the same problem bro .. i believe that vdj8 still thinks that its the V1 of traktor's timecode not the MK2 ones. but i was barely able to use the z2 with time codes...

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 7:16 pm
i got mines to work the same way for some reason
deck 1 sound card 1&2
deck 2 sound card 3&4
timecode 1 soundcard 3&4
timecode 2 soundcard 5&6

and i thought the decks and timecodes had to match the settings on soundcard but this is the only way it works right..
don't forget i had to use serato vinyl and set timecodes to serato in timecode window
also the orange cogs near phono/line is lit cuz when not lit the song plays and the timecode signal plays both thru the speakers

then i get 100% and ok tested with shire m447's , 680hp, and ortofon s needles hope this helps ..
maybe we can get this thing mapped now.I got the scroll knob working great and push it in to switch from folders or music ...some what got cues and fx can't get the lights right for when the fx on and can't figure out code to "load in deck " to load a song into the deck

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:22 pm
mini reaper wrote :

i noticed you don't have the blue arrows on timecodes maybe the problem ...
mines look like this

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:29 pm

then i get 100% and ok tested with shire m447's , 680hp, and ortofon s needles hope this helps ..
maybe we can get this thing mapped now.I got the scroll knob working great and push it in to switch from folders or music ...some what got cues and fx can't get the lights right for when the fx on and can't figure out code to "load in deck " to load a song into the deck[/quote]

Hey my man, can you post up your mapping for the scroll knob, I just want to see the "Actions and Parameters" so i know what I am doing wrong d(",)b thank you in advance

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:11 am
one is for scroll/turn ,, one is the folder change /push

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 9:40 am
Djfingas wrote :

Hey my man, can you post up your mapping for the scroll knob, I just want to see the "Actions and Parameters" so i know what I am doing wrong d(",)b thank you in advance

one is for scroll/turn ,, one is the folder change /push this one is more readable ...It's the browser scroll and browser window

mods:
please delete last post thanks

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 11:11 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
mini reaper wrote :
i believe that vdj8 still thinks that its the V1 of traktor's timecode not the MK2 ones.

Traktor MK2 vinyls are not supported, only the original Mk1 ones.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:05 pm
This looks "MINT" I'l give this a go... nice looking out my man

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 3:24 pm
no problem .. so far it's going ok jus need more me time to get it done
apopsis wrote :
Traktor MK2 vinyls are not supported, only the original Mk1 ones.

any chance for it being implemented? And are mk1 versions of tractor even available at the dj stores ?
like with serato we used to have a choice to choose both old or new time codes in older version of vdj now guess its only the new one in vdj 8
not a big deal tho as my serato vinyl works for now i guess

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 6:53 pm
69%