Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crashes On V8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HKNYCPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This is just some of my personal experiences with the new version 8, with 1 day of testing. From the go, when I setup my audio settings I had problems with it accepting what I set. And thus my first crash. But, finally it worked itself out and worked well. Also, like I mentioned in another post, I had a high CPU percentage and generated lots of heat.

I also setup an auxiliary input line in decks 3 & 4, and ran drum machines through the 2 decks in sync, that seemed to work ok. But, also crashed on me numerous times when turning on and off the auxiliary button. Or when, I would load a song onto those auxiliary decks. Also noticed that my settings would change constantly after every crash, it would reset to different wave colors, and album cover settings also. And, noticed a continued crashing after I would just use it normally with no inputs no other unusual setting etc. Just would shutdown for no reason at all.

It must have shutdown on me at least 10 times without exaggeration. Some of the icons, lettering and album covers are also somewhat blurry, I don't know if it's due to it being in a pre release state. Just informing what I noticed on my first day of testing. Also after picking a song an loading it onto a deck I would have to click on a song again in order to scroll with my mouse. Not very convenient, I didn't have that problem with version 7.4.

The audio seems excellent, loud and clear, nice graphics, nice layout, very nice overall. I think the final release will be much nicer and many details will be fine tuned no doubt. But, I just wanted to keep everyone informed.

Lenovo N500 3000
Intel Pentium dual CPU T3400 2.16GHZ 2.17GHZ
4 Gigs of Ram
64 Bit Windows 7

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)