Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 not working properly....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

guybloPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi There,
I'm a pro user fully license & have installed VDJ 8 but surprisingly it didn't uninstall vdj version 7 as it use to do when installing new version.what is the problem.

Secondly, when I play Vdj 8 it bugs when loading a file & start again when all loaded. Something which was not happening with the early version. What can be the problem
Your help is much appreciate as I can not use it at gigs anymore. The cut out is not acceptable during gigs...
At last, where can I get the manual for VDJ8; I can only find for previous version.

Regards,
Guy

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:17 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
guyblo wrote :
Hi There,
I'm a pro user fully license & have installed VDJ 8 but surprisingly it didn't uninstall vdj version 7 as it use to do when installing new version.what is the problem.
No problem here...you are actually using a public beta...it is not the final release

Secondly, when I play Vdj 8 it bugs when loading a file & start again when all loaded. Something which was not happening with the early version. What can be the problem
Your help is much appreciate as I can not use it at gigs anymore. The cut out is not acceptable during gigs...
At least your specs and settings would be interesting PC/ Mac/ what Hardware spec ect. magic globe is being repaired at the moment...;-)
At last, where can I get the manual for VDJ8; I can only find for previous version.
Should be installed in your VDJ Folder

Regards,
Guy

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:21 am
Installing VDJ 8 is not supposed to uninstall VDJ 7.

First, VDJ 8 is currently a pre-release i.e unfinished and for testing purposes only. It is not intended to be used at gigs yet. If you do, it is at your own risk.

Second, even when it is fully released, it's better to install it separately to enable people to have both 7 and 8 on their systems.

Please expand on "it bugs".

The VDJ 8 manual is located in the same folder as your VDJ 7 manual.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:22 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Please read this forum first than to start new topic .

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:24 am
guyblo wrote :
.... have installed VDJ 8 but surprisingly it didn't uninstall vdj version 7 as it use to do when installing new version.what is the problem.

No problem. Previous versions never removed older versions. Same thing happened from V6 to V7: You were able to use them next to each other. Only revisions (V 7.0 to V7.1) did overwrite the previous revision.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:29 am
RobRoy wrote :
guyblo wrote :
Hi There,
No problem here...you are actually using a public beta...it is not the final release

At least your specs and settings would be interesting PC/ Mac/ what Hardware spec ect. magic globe is being repaired at the moment...;-)
Should be installed in your VDJ Folder

Regards,
Guy

Thanks All, now I understand that it is a beta version. Keep doing the hard work. Any idea when the full version will be out

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:40 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
as soon as Mr. Clavel and the Developers think that the software is at release status...;-)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:43 am
Thanks Mate

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)