Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Potential Bug for "ShowCoverForDragDrop"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When you drag a song from your playlist to the deck, it drags a an image of the cover. However when you turn off "ShowCoverForDragDrop" in the options, it drags nothing. I would have expected it to drag the song title without the cover art. Not sure if this was deliberate or not, thought I'd report it anyway.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:11 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
looks like you are using mac. which os exacly..?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:17 am
I'm running a MBP OSX 10.9

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:20 am
Good point.

VDJ 7 adds a little disc icon to the pointer, which makes it a bit more obvious what's happening.

Also (your post made me check) when you drag s track from the browser to a filter folder or virtual folder, there's no visual feedback like VDJ 7 i.e. no disc icon, no indication of whether it's permitted to drag to that location (VDJ 7 shows a "not allowed" icon) and poor highlighting of the folder you're selecting as your destination.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:22 am
Yeah... I know its probably not a huge deal and the team is busy rectifying other bugs, but I hope that once those matters have been sorted they get around to these smaller issues. Small details can make a huge difference to the user experience.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:45 am
This problem appears on the PC, Win 8.1 as well. Disable "Drag..." and there is no indication you are dragging anything.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 9:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)