Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: random karaoke files not displaying lyrics

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I host karaoke professionally and some karaoke files display lyrics, while others do not. When they don't display, all I'm getting is a black screen with the virtual dj logo. Some of these files are on an external hard drive, while others are on my laptop. Some songs display lyrics while others do not, with no rhyme or reason as to why. All of the files in question have displayed lyrics on a nightly basis and this problem only began immediately after the 8 install. Please help!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 1:52 am
I'm having the same issues. I running a MacBook pro with windows 7. Once I launch VDJ8 the first song play fine but when I load a karaoke file in deck b the screen blink and the lyrics from deck a that was playing freezes and when I switch to deck b to play I get a black screen. I have to shut down VDJ8 and restart. Still after restart it does the same think. Please help.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:37 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Always the same tracks that don't load? If they're zip files, compare the names of the zipped files to the name of the zip folder itself - maybe version 8 gets confused if the folder name doesn't match the contents?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:13 pm
No I tried different files and it always freezes the moment I press play on the second file no matter which deck is playing and with any karaoke file.

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 11:47 am
Any answers???

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:18 pm
Same problem here... I'm sending an example file over to the support team.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 9:56 pm
Still having the same issue!! Beyond frustrated!! The files have the microphone next to them in the browser screen and as I drag and drop them, the karaoke indicator microphone symbol morphs into a music note right before my eyes and plays it like an audio file rather than displaying lyrics. Some songs display lyrics, some won't and I never know which will do what!! PLEASE HELP!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:19 am
I would very much appreciate hearing back from the support team concerning this issue, thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 1:21 am
Hello? Anybody here?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 1:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is this with .zip karaoke files?
Is it possible to forward such a file that doesn't show lyrics to me?
Thanks

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 1:45 am

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)