Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Playlist Management

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Dear Dev team,

I am sure you guys are busy fixing all the minor bugs that are coming your way now.

Apart from the bug fixing, I would like to please suggest having a slightly enhanced playlist management tool. I assumed the playlist management would be enhanced with the new version, but it seems that it has not been done. When I get a new music pack from a DJ pool, it contains many different types of songs. At the moment, to put these into playlists you have to go pick the playlist you want and then add to it with songs from your new songs folder. This requires me to go through the entire list of new songs multiple times (listening to the songs over and over), and is quite tiring and time consuming. As I am sure most of you know this type of sorting algorithm, if used by a database, is very inefficient. So as a human doing the sorting it becomes even worse.

When I listen to a song I immediately have an idea of which playlist(s) I would like to add it to. So if there was a way of dragging and dropping into existing playlists, or failing that, allowing me to have multiple playlists open at once it would really be a great help.

Thanks for reading and wish everyone the best for the new version.

Best Regards

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:48 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi again,

Please scratch the last post, as to my surprise, the feature is already there. The confusion arose because I did not find anything new in the version 8 manual. Is the drag and drop feature mentioned in the manual and I missed it, or is it not mentioned.

Thanks

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)