Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: karaoke bug report on vdj8 using macbook pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1. I have KarokeSkipSilence set to NO but vdj8 still skips the silent part and cues at the beginning where the music starts (not a massive problem but I've always liked to cue myself.)
2. I have noticed that when playing a music automix on deck A then starting a karaoke track on deck B if i forget to press pause on the automix and the track transitions to the next tune on the auto mix i will briefly lose the grafixs and sound for the karaoke track that is currently playing.

Both these happen with or without ddj-ergo connected

System:
macbook pro early 2011
8GB memory
500GB SSD
750GB HDD
mavericks up to date

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:13 pm
You don't need to run Automix separately. Karaoke will not play your automix queue seamlessly between karaoke tracks.

Check out page 44 of the manual for more information.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:16 pm
OK tried as stated on page 44. worked ok.
How do you tell where you are in the tune playing in auto mix as this no longer shows up in the deck.
Video screen in-between karaoke tunes is white i know this can be set to whatever you want. but all i want is the standard black screen with the vdj logo at the bottom. where is this located.
Automix no longer auto removes played tunes when using like this also clicking remove already played seems to have no effect

I think i preferred my old way of doing this in vdj7 of queuing any karaoke track in a side list and loading into a separate deck gave me a bit more control over what i played and the flow of the night. which was why i was using the separate auto mix route.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:35 pm
Also i have noticed that when using the auto karaoke route the back ground playlist (Automix) is not mixing tunes in the same way as it would if using in auto mix alone, its more of a straight cut instead of the smooth crossfade mix you get with automix.
Sounds like what you are saying is i've goto use the auto karaoke option which not everybody is gonna like using :( as it is very limiting on the control of the background (Automix) music.
My old way worked flawlessly in vdj7 surely this could be tweaked to work as it use to.
Loving loads of the other features by the way very tight and sound is great. Just a bit disappointed with the features for karaoke, suppose it's the old skool in me still like a bit of manual control.
I wait in anticipation and hope.
cheers John. :)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:36 pm
johnloates wrote :
OK tried as stated on page 44. worked ok ish
How do you tell where you are in the tune playing in auto mix as this no longer shows up in the deck.
Video screen in-between karaoke tunes is white i know this can be set to whatever you want. but all i want is the standard black screen with the vdj logo at the bottom. where is this located.
Automix no longer auto removes played tunes when using like this also clicking remove already played seems to have no effect

I think i preferred my old way of doing this in vdj7 of queuing any karaoke track in a side list and loading into a separate deck gave me a bit more control over what i played and the flow of the night. which was why i was using the separate auto mix route.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:51 am
So here is a dropbox link to a video of the problem.

It seems i'm not the only one who has found this as i have been talking to some guy on your Facebook page who has found the same thing.

It wold be nice if someone could at least confirm this is an issue that did not exist in vdj7. or give some advice on how to stop this from happening.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgc4sbvpy652uyl/Video%2002-06-2014%2011%2052%2018%20pm.mov

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 7:16 pm
as a side note this also happens with a music video as well and actually caused a slight stutter in the sound of the video.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 7:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)