Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Version 8 DATABASE Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Where to Start;
First with version 7, I HAD or SAW any problems.
Now with Version 8 I noticed the following things
All my songs are SHOWING up as NOT ANALYZED when the New Database (XML File) was Created. Yes everything was analyzed in 7.4
If this is true, WHY isn't the isscanned parameter set to ZERO (isscanned=0) inorder for me (us) to Scan the selected track and re-calculate the BPM, Key and length of the selected track.

Also WHY can't we RELOAD the Tag fields from the files, BACK to the Database (as it did in 7.4).

When is the isscanned parameter SET back to zero (0).

Thanks
Jose

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:00 pm
Still WAITING for some kind of REPLY..

Thanks
Jose

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:41 pm
Version 8 needs to rescan your files. However it keeps the "old" V7 information until you load the track on a deck, manually analyze the file, or load it on automix.

Reload tags works fine on my side. Can you describe a little better ?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:46 pm
Phantom
In Ver 7 you were able to Reload the Tag fields FROM the Files (MP3s) to update the DATABASE
I have updated (changed) the Genre field, but STILL showing the PREVIOUS entry.

I Have TRIED to RECURSE (from the Root Drive (external), NOTHING seems to have happen.
I see in the Little Text Box (pops up when you put the mouse under the Musical note of Browser File List (Songs).
It will say "Audio Not Analyzed"
I do have a Filter Folder to Display any Files with isscanned=0, Again NOTHING is SHOWN as needing to be Analyzed (update the Database).

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:59 pm
Hi There DEV Team;
I'm Still trying to get a an ANSWER for my Post.

Thanks
Jose

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:51 pm
Tried this??

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:53 pm
djtouchdan, I have DONE as requested, and still get the same results ( "Audio Not Analyzed").
Do I need to Close and Restart Virtual 8 program.

Thanks
Jose

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:00 pm
your getting a message that says audio not analysed?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:02 pm
Yes, I can see that on some of mine too.

Scanned ones say 'audio' and unscanned ones say 'audio' with 'not anayzed' underneath.

As George said, the v7 database is imported and although the files may have been analysed (scanned) in v7, they need to be scanned in v8 too - because for a start the key recognition is much improved.

Solution = let VDJ 8 analyse your files

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
I put the curser (move the mouse) under the Musical note of Browser File (Song List) and a small box Pops Up that say that it's an "Audio" and "Not Analyzed".
After it's been Analyzed for BPM etc. the box just says "Audio".

Because it tells me that THESE files are NOT Analyzed, Should the isscanned field (XML Tag) be Set to ZERO (0),
in order for me to FIND all the NOT Analyzed song (using a Filter Folder (isscanned=0).

This WORKED with ver 7.4 (was able Find and FIX (analyzed and Update the Database).

At This MOMENT I am in the Process of Analyzing my SONGS (70,000+) using the NEW Group by Filter (Genres).
Thanks
Jose
Jose

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:20 pm
The "not analyzed" message I guess should really say "not analyzed in VDJ 8 yet, even though they were all done before in VDJ 7" but maybe there wasn't room.

:-)

(I won't bother doing mine in 8 until the release version is let loose)

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:26 pm
Thanks for the reply groovindj
Yes some just say Audio (scanned), BUT Most say "Not Analyzed" (not scanned).

When VDJ 8 created (copied) the DATABASE it should ALSO set "isscanned" to zero (0), so we will KNOW what should be Analyzed.

Thanks
Jose

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)