Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Install of Ver. 8 Question....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Running the current VDJ 7 with all current updates. Does this (Ver. 7) need to be uninstalled before installing Ver. 8? or will the Ver. 8 installation "override" and update the existing Ver.7 that I am currently running?.........Wondering if I should do an uninstall on Ver. 7 first, bfore a clean Ver. 8 install. Thankx for the help forum. I apologize if this has been addressed in an earlier post. Cheers guys = )

Is this re-release a stable, final version just being released to the pro and ultra members ahead of time as a thank you of sorts, or are there still bugs? thanks again

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:03 pm
You can run VDJ 8 side-by-side VDJ7 .. .
VDJ8 makes its own setting files, own database etc.. .

So you can still keep vdj7, and use, no problem ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:06 pm
On this topic, I've only ran Vdj8 since the pre release came out but tonight went to load Vdj7.4 but keep receiving the error ''Cannot find the skin file in VirtualDj Document or library folders. Please reinstall the application."

Any ideas? I thought they could run side by side?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 4:51 pm
Liamalone wrote :
I thought they could run side by side?

They can. Where exactly have you installed yours to? Do you have 7 and 8 on different drives by any chance?

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 4:58 pm
jusblaze246 wrote :
Is this re-release a stable, final version just being released to the pro and ultra members ahead of time as a thank you of sorts, or are there still bugs? thanks again

This a pre-release version that is considered stable but may contain small bugs as it has not been tested on every possible configuration. Although 8 has been used to gig with, we do recommend that you use v7.4 for any important gigs.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
Liamalone wrote :
I thought they could run side by side?

They can. Where exactly have you installed yours to? Do you have 7 and 8 on different drives by any chance?

Both versions installed in the same drive, standard installations as prompted by windows, both 7+8 are in the one program files folder.

edit: Ahh, the other folder containing all the other details including skins were in two seperate location, problem solved. Thankyou.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 3:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)