Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: does VDJ8 work side by side VDJ7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys im looking at testing out the new VDJ8 (must admit im very excited!) does v8 install to a different directory leaving my v7 config and all as is or is it an install over. i only have the one machine at the mo and want to know if i can still use my v7 as is for gigs and v8 for testing at home on the same system without any conflicts

Cheers guys

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:14 pm
works fine side by side with v7 ;) can still use both, and at same pc

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:15 pm
that is FANTASTIC NEWS! guess i aint getting no sleep next couple of nights then :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:24 pm
hehe ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
mattpattie wrote :
guess i aint getting no sleep next couple of nights then :)

Welcome to the club!! lol :-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
Loving VDJ8!!!!
Works great on the same computer with no conflicts! Just remember you can only use one, or the other, but not at the same time! :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:26 pm
DJ Advise wrote :
you can only use one, or the other, but not at the same time! :)

you can use both ;) at the same time
just have to log in again .. it doesnt log out the other pc if you start vdj on a new (but will only ask for log in at next start up )

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:29 pm
That is so awesome if I can have both versions running on the same computer at the same time! I didn't know that it was possible to do that? That makes it even more awesome! Thank you for explaining this DJ-In-Norway :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:48 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i think thats an miss understanding
norway means two computers and not 2 programms on the same at the same time

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:24 pm
No, you can have V7 and V8 running at the same time. Just watch your sound cards. They can't share them, or controllers for that matter.

But its nice for comparison purposes to have something your used to to base the new software off.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:27 pm
Do you have to start 7 before 8, or 8 before 7?

The reason I ask is that I thought VDJ grabbed all available controllers when started, so they weren't accessible from other software.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:31 pm
Yes the controllers and sounds cards will work with the first one that launches.

It's upto you which one you want the controllers etc to work with - launch that one first.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:32 pm
yeah .. you cant mix with them both from same controller of course ;) lol

its more that you can have both on same pc.. install vdj 8 and still be able to run v7 ...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:33 pm
I was thinking more of having two controllers, one for each version.

But if the first VDJ to start up grabs all controllers then the second VDJ can't access either one.

Wasn't there some sort of special registry entry that allowed 7 to only see one specific controller?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:36 pm
a bit out of the ordinary .. but might work..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:39 pm
You can tell VDJ 8 to ignore a controller ;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:52 pm
Interesting. Sounds like a plan.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)