Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Bugs in Version 8 for MAC

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

XoRDyHome userMember since 2014
So far, I'm in love with the new sound quality, but a bit pissed off of 3 bugs I've got, and one "annoyance"

I've got a Macbook pro 13 retina late 2012 with 8GB and 128GB (which has an i5-3210M), with Mavericks, I use a Scarlett 2i4 as soundcard, currently configured as a single output.
I've got VirtualDJ Version 8.0.0 build 1752.628.

1) Even if the Languange is Spanish, I only see translated "Cargar una canción en este plato", "Opciones", and "Controladores", and the rightclick-menu of Automix. Everything else is untranslated, in english. And a friend of mine Has build 1748-626 for Windows, and it's fully translated to spanish.

2) RAM/CPU and freezing problems!
CPU usage seems normal at first, RAM is going up and up gradually, I've surpassed 1GB of RAM usage, (then it restarted just by making click on a song, t'hats the 3r point) but after 800MB aprox, it starts to make small freezes.
(I'm testing this ONLY doing automix, I'm not recording nor else) (CPU usage is not real, since 100% only means one ht the 4 available htreads of the 2 cores running on hyperthreading is busy) (I've only got a finder window, and a chrome tab on facebook messages page, on a conversation, nothing more)
- 1 minute: RAM 250MB, CPU al 60%. Everything OK,
- 6 or 7 minutes, CPU at 40% is at 546MB, still OK.
- 12 minutes, CPU at 40% RAM at 715MB.
- 15 minutes, CPU at 40%, RAM at 780MB and it starts to make "micropauses", a small glitch-like o stutter-like sound produced by the software NOT sending the sound to the buffer before it's empty, making the sound NOT viable for production USE. At the same time the sound freezes (even if for 1ms) the user interface freezes too. And at this point it's going worse and worse.
After this point, it's going to freeze a little more.
- 20 minutes, CPU at 50%, RAM at 1300MB...

I can record my screen&audio and share the video if someone needs to see it.

3) There is some problem when using VDJ8 with the databse from VirtualDJ7, On some files with "accents," "tildes", characters like é è ñ ç ü ï, VDJ8 crashes.
On some files it's when I enter it's folder. On other files it crashes when doing "click" on the file.
VirtualDJ 7 has these tracks indexed, and they play well on VDJ7 traktor, serato, VLC, itunes, Winamp, WMP, MPC-HC, and a lot of android players, everything where I could test it, plays it correctly, so I think is a charset problem of VDJ7-generated databases. (At least when being opened by VDJ8)

4) Every "Automix" mode (except from "None", cuts about the firsts 4-5 seconds if the song starts gradually. Like it's assuming I don't need the intro because it's not loud enought.
Theres are my settings of Automix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic827ej203ukdcx/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-05-13%20a%20la%28s%29%2021.55.58.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/573nu7uxg0s2o8j/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-05-13%20a%20la%28s%29%2021.55.55.png
And this is what I get: the first 4 seconds are beign automatically cut if I don't change it manually
https://www.dropbox.com/s/es53w4q1kwsp1hh/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-05-13%20a%20la%28s%29%2021.55.33.png

The reason I use VDJ7 instead of any other deejay software is because it's hotcue/automix was great, it never cut the intro of any song. VDJ8 does cut the intro...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:00 pm
CatapPRO InfinityMember since 2005
XoRDy wrote :
1)

3) There is some problem when using VDJ8 with the databse from VirtualDJ7, On some files with "accents," "tildes", characters like é è ñ ç ü ï, VDJ8 crashes.
On some files it's when I enter it's folder. On other files it crashes when doing "click" on the file.
VirtualDJ 7 has these tracks indexed, and they play well on VDJ7 traktor, serato, VLC, itunes, Winamp, WMP, MPC-HC, and a lot of android players, everything where I could test it, plays it correctly, so I think is a charset problem of VDJ7-generated databases. (At least when being opened by VDJ8)

+1

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:17 pm
dj8870PRO InfinityMember since 2012
same problems
macbook pro i5 8 gb ram running mavericks. :-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:31 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Could you please upload a track with accentuated characters that makes v8 crash.

Thanks

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:47 pm
XoRDyHome userMember since 2014
This song: http://www.reverbnation.com/leninguiroloco/song/11959876-los-caballos-lenin-giroloco-jimnez
(I think it's legal, the composer is a friend of mine, he's the one who uploaded the song there)

I downloaded it, changed its filename to: Lenin Guiroloco Jimenez y Su Orquesta - Los Caballos.mp3

Inserted on VDJ7 databse (just play it once in VDJ7), and then, Open VirtualDJ8, and go to the folder where is listed, it hangs at listing the folder,

(This one is COPYRIGHTED and I don't have the rights to distribute it. If this is illegal please tell me, I'll remove the link immediatly, I only post it if it helps find and correct any bug.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbxb54adybvh1dk/Aventura%20-%20Lagrimas.mp3
The same, Once on VDJ7 database (just by playing it on VDJ7), When on VDJ8 you go to the folder, it works, it doesn't hang on the listing, but don't show the title of the file in VDJ8 browser. When i do a single clic, VDJ8 restarts.

I did NOT tried it on a fresh VDJ8 install, but one with an existing VDJ7 database.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:24 pm
CatapPRO InfinityMember since 2005
For example any song of Ramón Ropaín (vintage) I can not even put the complete name in the browser and VDj crash and restart.
or this:

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 5:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)