Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Has anyone gotten VDJ8 to work with a Hercules RMX controller on MAC yet?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know there is an issue that had been referred to the developers regarding the Hercules Controller detection on MACs. I want to know whether to spend more time and energy trying to fix, or if I'm wasting my time until they fix the bug.

I don't use Midi-Yoke or anything like that. Just the latest Hercules Drivers (which do detect the controller), but the VDJ app does not see it as a controller. It shows as "not connected".

It does see it as a soundcard and inputs. That part works great.

I have a mini-gig tomorrow and would like to try out VDJ8, but no working controller is definitely a show stopper.

Thanks

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:51 pm
I was finally able to get mine working earlier today, after the last update to 1752.628 I went into documents, Virtual DJ folder, then the devices folder and deleted the device in there as well as the sample mapper file in the mapping folder (I had previously deleted this and it recreated itself, as well as deleted the RMX mapping file that was there from V7).

After re-opening the software, I reconnected the RMX and went into the configuration. It still was not there, so I right clicked the device area and clicked re-scan. I then had two pop-up "Error" windows stating that it had found the RMX controller, which were different windows than the previous ones I had seen about detecting it as a sound card. After that I was then able to re-configure the custom mapping of my RMX which has worked fine all afternoon now.

Hope that helps and you get it working. I did a karaoke gig on Sunday without my controller and made it all the way to the end when it crashed in the middle of someone singing. Good luck on your gig. I was getting criticized for using this pre-release version but there is no better way to test it, then to test it the way you'll be using it.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:25 pm
Oh, I also do not use any other software, just my RMX and VDJ.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:26 pm
yup,

Mine started working this evening with the latest build. Most everything is working correctly. Theres a few minor issues with new Effect names that need to be corrected in the mapping. Also, Since the VDJ8 skin has no indication when EQ_kill is turned on, and the buttons on the RMX aren't lighted, I changed the mappings so that the buttons actually drop the sliders to 0% (which is visible on the skin):

<map value="EQ_KILL_HIGH" action="eq_high 0% ? eq_high 50% : eq_high 0%" />
<map value="EQ_KILL_MID" action="eq_mid 0% ? eq_mid 50% : eq_mid 0%" />
<map value="EQ_KILL_LOW" action="eq_low 0% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low 0%" />

The one I can't get working correctly is the source button. In VDJ7, I had it mapped to cycle between the song on the deck, Line 1, Line 2, and back to the song on the deck:

<map value="SOURCE" action="linein 1 ? linein 2 : linein 2 ? linein 2 : linein 1" />

But that won't work correctly in VDJ8. Not sure if something changed in the VDScript (which they claim it hasn't), or if it is a bug. I can access line1 and line 2 and they both work, but I can only do it with two separate buttons.

My gig tomorrow is just background music (auto mix) and a presentation microphone, so it won't be too terrible if it crashes. I'll keep an iPod on standby ;)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:39 pm
pls i dont realy undestand, hw can i connect my hercules controller and vdj8, pls make it clear so i wil undestand hw u fix urs pls. thanks

Posted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 11:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)