Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Hot Cues.....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have set cue, and when I press play, they start from that point. However, if I hit the hot cue on the controller or the software, it will go to the second beat. The first time it will be correct, but if you keep hitting, it starts at the second beat. What's up with that?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:37 pm
Turn off smart cue

Or... Change smartcuequantize to a lower value like 0.25 or 0.125

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:39 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
....if you keep hitting, it starts at ....

its quantize, a feature many will love, as its keeps the correct beat from a 1/4 beat logic, or more. depending on the value you set.
Say you are on 2nd beat of a 4 beat bar, and you hit the cue that is set at 1st beat of some other bar, it will start on 2nd as this would be the correct in most cases (keeps the correct timing/structure). Allows some fast and easy "remixing" by jumping around the track at correct position relative to a 1 by 4 beat bar logic.

But as said in the post above, you can set this really low to have it not quantize this way, or just turn smart cue off

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:43 pm
Thanks for the quick response. Turned off smart cue, and now life is beautiful. The other options are great, but there will be a time to learn those.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)