Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Pop-Up "Unhandled Exception has Occurred" Press Abort to Terminate Program

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When using video, I keep getting a pop-up message:

An unhandled exception has occurred. Press "Abort" to terminate the program. What does that mean?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:09 am
This has been fixed. Please close the software.

Reload it - if you get an update message to 1752 then this has been fixed.
If you don't then wait 2 minutes after VDJ reloads and repeat the close and restart.

If all that fails - which it shouldn't then you can download again.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:11 am
I tried to reload it, but I did not get the update message you are referring to. I waited 2 minutes but the pop-up message keeps coming up. Should I uninstall Virtual DJ 8 then re-install it?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:35 am

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:37 am
Thanks @djtouchdan, I appreciate your quick response and help!!

Since there are still bugs and things popping up, are you able to run both Virtual DJ 7.4 and Virtual DJ 8 at the same time if one were to crash? For example, say I am using VDJ 8 at an event and something goes wrong, can I quickly load VDJ 7.4 to resume performance?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:43 am
You can - shouldn't be an issue.

The only problem some are having is that VDJ 8 doesn't release the sound card quickly enough so V7 creates an error because it can't connect. This is a minority error though.

If you are concerned then i strongly recommended testing V8 some more first. It is after all a Pre-Release. I have seen some users report 10 hours constant usage with no issues at all whilst other have issues getting their controller working correctly. It is a mixed bag at the moment, but most users seem ok.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:46 am
Great to hear. I am so excited about all of the new features. I was running video this past weekend at a prom and had some glitches with video lag. Is this going to be better and faster for playing music videos on a projector? I have a Toshiba Satellite L875D with Windows 8.1 and AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.7 GHZ and 6 GB of RAM. Are there certain settings you recommend for optimal playback?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:09 am
I've not experienced any video lag.

Is it a specific file, file type, all of them?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:10 am
No, not really. I was playing mostly MP4 videos during the prom.

However I noticed that MPEG (older videos) lagged and stuttered when using "Hardware Accelerator" (checked). When I took that off, the MPEG videos ran smoothly but my MP4 videos then had issues. I try not use any of my older videos (MPEG) much.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)