Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Setup motorWheelLockTime cannot be set to 0.0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When the setup is reopened the value is set to 0.1.

I have the ns7 II and i think this value is preventing holding the vinyl and press play. It is working but for a very short time the track is playing - for this 0.1 sec.

Btw: the Startup ramp and stop ramp is used in vdj now. But only for sound and not für the motorized plattern. The motor seems only to know on / off. Is there a way that vdj 8 use the ramp timings also for the plattern?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 10:07 am
The_Desruptor wrote :
When the setup is reopened the value is set to 0.1.

I have the ns7 II and i think this value is preventing holding the vinyl and press play. It is working but for a very short time the track is playing - for this 0.1 sec.

Btw: the Startup ramp and stop ramp is used in vdj now. But only for sound and not für the motorized plattern. The motor seems only to know on / off. Is there a way that vdj 8 use the ramp timings also for the plattern?

Hello, I use a pair of Stanton SCS.1D midi motorized turntables that had the same issue you are talking about, and I was going down the same road with "motorWheelLockTime" thinking the problem was there. It actually wasn't the problem.

Oddly enough, it's the "motorWheelInstantPlay" setting that was the issue. I know this doesn't make sense, but you want the setting to "yes" for "motorWheelIntantPlay". I was ignoring this initially, because it was set to "no", and from the description, it would seem that having it set to "yes" would cause the problem I was trying to solve, right? Well... because I had tried everything else I could think of, I thought, "what the hell" and changed it to "yes" expecting nothing to change......

....and the problem went away... :) I was able to hold the vinyl, push play, and the song would not start until I let go of the vinyl.
So... I don't know if yes means no, and no means yes for that setting or what, but it solved the problem :/ Maybe it's a glitch in the programming, and no enables it while yes disables it...

Hope that helps. Unfortunately, I still have an issue, but it's apparently a known issue already with using TWO scs.1d vdj version 8 (works fine in version 7.4) that when I try to start the other deck, about 5-15 seconds later the program crashes.. :( But hopefully you won't have that issue, since you are USB and not firewire :)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 11:13 am
I had a lot of problems with my numark v7s just by kipping it spining at 45 rpms instead of 33

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)